We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Example of how to capture documentloaded event

Hi,

I have a serverblazor project and I want to perform a search on a ejspdfviewerserver control after the DocumentPath property is changed.

I've declared the viewer as such in my razor page

<EjsPdfViewerServer @ref="@PDFViewer" DocumentPath="@strFileArchivePath" ToolbarSettings="@ToolbarSettings" />

So, changing the value of my variable strFileArchivePath works as expected and loads the pdf file.

BUT if i then try to call the getsearchtext method after changing the variable

PDFViewer.GetTextSearch().SearchText(strSearchTerm, false);

It doesn't work, i suspect this is due to code not awaiting the load of the file and therefore it searching before the file has finished loading.

I don't want to use the load method and then the search method, i'd like to subscribe to the "DocumentLoaded" event of the viewer but i cant work out how to do this, can someone provide a simple example please?

Many thanks,

Dean

3 Replies

MS Mohan Selvaraj Syncfusion Team November 25, 2019 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Dean, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. 

The Event in the Blazor PDF Viewer control has to be wrapped inside the <PdfViewerEvents>  tag . Please find the below code-snippet for adding the DocumentLoaded event in PDF Viewer Balzor control. 

<EjsPdfViewerServer @ref="@PDFViewer" Height="500px" Width="1060px" DocumentPath="@documentPath"> 
    <PdfViewerEvents DocumentLoaded="@DocumentLoaded"></PdfViewerEvents> // The events has to be provided like this. 
</EjsPdfViewerServer> 

@code{ 
    EjsPdfViewerServer PDFViewer; 
    private string documentPath { get; set; } = "wwwroot/Data/FormFillingDocument.pdf"; 

private void DocumentLoaded(LoadEventArgs args) 
    { 
        PDFViewer.GetTextSearch().SearchText("Name", false); 
    } 

We have created the simple PDF Viewer Blazor sample for the same with searching the text on DocumentLoaded event. Kindly download from the below link. 

Regards, 
Mohan S 

DW Dean Walker November 26, 2019 10:06 AM UTC

Hi,

Many thanks for your quick reply and example!

I've tried the code and it works exactly as I need.

Regards,

Dean

PR Padmini Ramamurthy Syncfusion Team November 28, 2019 06:45 AM UTC

Hi Dean, 

Glad that the provided solution works and please get back to us if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Padmini 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon