We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Removing panels from a dashboard layout leaves empty rows

Hi Syncfusion,

I'm using the sample code on https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/DashboardLayout/DefaultFunctionalities#/material to remove panels from a dashboard layout.

if (event.target.offsetParent) {
                dashboardObject.removePanel(event.target.offsetParent.id);
            }

It does remove the panels but it leaves empty rows where the panel used to be (see Layout 2.png and Layout 3.png on the attached screenshots). 

This is not only visually incorrect but it also causes issues like adding new panels after empty rows (see Layout 4.png) and some JS errors when I persist the row / column positions on my Database and try to restore them again (see Layout 5.png).

-Juan

Attachment: Layout_screenshots_1b693ea1.zip

3 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 22, 2019 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Good day to you, 

We have checked your reported query “panel is not floating when remove the panel”. But unfortunately, the issue is not reproduced in our end. For your reference we have prepared a simple sample. In that sample, we have rendered a single dashboard with multiple panels based on your shared screenshot and also performed add and remove panel operations in that which works fine. 

Refer the sample link below. 

Note: Ensure whether allowFloating is set as “false” in your sample.  

If the issue persists, can you please share the additional details regarding your requirement, it will helpful for us to resolve your issue at earlier. 

1.      Code snippet for panel declaration. 
2.      Reproduce the issue in attached sample (if possible) 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

JJ Juan Jiminez November 23, 2019 12:34 AM UTC

Hi Keerthana,

I can still reproduce this bug with the latest patch (v.17.3.28) when I remove all the panels from the last row. Nonetheless I was able to get around it by calling the dashboard refresh() method after removing the panel.

Best,

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 25, 2019 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

We have created a support incident under your Direct-trac account for the last query. Please follow up with that incident for further details. 

Regards, 
Keerthana.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon