We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multiple dashboard layouts on the same page

I'm trying to use multiple dashboard layouts on the same page by using different ids for both dashboard and panels. The dashboards render and I'm able to move panels around, however there's 2 issues:

1. I'm not able to resize any panels from the second dashboard onwards.
2. Moving the panels throw this JS error sometimes:

dashboard-layout.js:459 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'sizeX' of undefined
    at t.downHandler (dashboard-layout.js:459)
    at t.downResizeHandler (dashboard-layout.js:433)

This is the sample code:

@Html.EJS().DashboardLayout("defaultLayout1").Columns(12).AllowResizing(true).ContentTemplate(@<div>
    <div id="panel1" class="e-panel" data-row="0" data-col="0" data-sizeX="1" data-sizeY="1">
        <span id="close" class="e-template-icon e-clear-icon"></span>
        <div class="e-panel-container">
            <div class="text-align">0</div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>).Render()

<br />
<br />

@Html.EJS().DashboardLayout("defaultLayout2").Columns(12).AllowResizing(true).ContentTemplate(@<div>
    <div id="panel2" class="e-panel" data-row="0" data-col="0" data-sizeX="10" data-sizeY="1">
        </div>
    </div>
</div>).Render()

<br />
<br />

@Html.EJS().DashboardLayout("defaultLayout3").Columns(12).AllowResizing(true).ContentTemplate(@<div>
    <div id="panel3" class="e-panel" data-row="0" data-col="0" data-sizeX="10" data-sizeY="1">
        </div>
    </div>
</div>).Render()

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 18, 2019 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1:  Not able to resize any panels from the second dashboard onwards 

We have checked your reported query that resizing is not performed. We are able to reproduce your issue and consider this as a defect from our end. This fix will be included in our upcoming patch release which is expected to be released by this week. Please be patience, until then. To know about the bug status, track the below feedback link. 

Query 2 – Move between the dashboard layout panel. 

Currently, we have no support to drag the panels between two different dashboards in our Dashboard layout component. However, we have considered to provide this support and logged this feature request which can be tracked from the below feedback link. This feature will be included in any of our upcoming releases.  

Regards, 
Keerthana.  

JJ Juan Jiminez November 18, 2019 06:52 PM UTC

Hi Keerthana,

Thanks for the bug report. I'm looking forward to that patch.

Query 2 is not about moving panels between 2 different dashboards, that I'm aware is a new feature request. This query is about moving panels within the same dashboard when there's multiple dashboards on the same page. In this case the following JS error is thrown ocasionally:

dashboard-layout.js:459 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'sizeX' of undefined
    at t.downHandler (dashboard-layout.js:459)
    at t.downResizeHandler (dashboard-layout.js:433)

-Juan

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 19, 2019 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We have analyzed your script error and it is already fixed in our component side. This fix will be included in our upcoming patch release which is expected to be released by this week as per mentioned in our previous update. Until then, please track the below feedback link. 

Please let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 22, 2019 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Juan,  

We are glad to announce that our patch release (v17.3.28) is rolled out successfully. In this release, we have fixed the multiple dashboard resizing and throw script error while interaction between panels issue. To access this fix, we suggest you to update the package to the latest version (V17.3.28). 

For your convenience, we have prepared a sample. Refer the sample link below. 

Regards, 
Keerthana

JJ Juan Jiminez November 23, 2019 12:32 AM UTC

Hi Keerthana,

Thank you for the prompt patch.

I confirm the issue is fixed when I use the new version script directly on my page (https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/17.3.28/dist/ej2.min.js), however if I try to use the Syncfusion.EJ2.Javascript nuget package version after updating to v17.3.0.28 the issue is still present so it seems that fix didn't make it to nuget (unless there's some caching issue on my project, I did tried uninstalling / re-installing the package without sucess).

-Juan

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 25, 2019 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Juan,  

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We have checked your reported issue from our end. Unfortunately, the changes are not included in NuGet Package latest version. In our side, we have planned to take steps to resolve this kind of issues with NuGet packages. The reported issue with Dashboard Layout will be resolved in upcoming NuGet package release scheduled by this week. We assure that this kind of issues will not be repeated in future. 

Regards, 
Keerthana.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon