We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

After npm update: Can't convert undefined to object

Hi,

After updating all npm packages I get the following error on startup of the scheduler:

I deleted all the node_modules syncfusion directories and cldr-data directory. And installed it again (and npm dedupe), but no change.

I load the cldr like this:
import { L10n, loadCldr, setCulture, Browser } from '@syncfusion/ej2-base'
import { DataManager, UrlAdaptor, Query } from '@syncfusion/ej2-data'
import { Day, Week, Month, Agenda, Resize, DragAndDrop } from '@syncfusion/ej2-vue-schedule'
import * as localeTexts from '../../../lang/ejs-schedule.json'
import * as numberingSystems from 'cldr-data/supplemental/numberingSystems.json'
import * as gregorian from 'cldr-data/main/nl/ca-gregorian.json'
import * as numbers from 'cldr-data/main/nl/numbers.json'
import * as timeZoneNames from 'cldr-data/main/nl/timeZoneNames.json'

// Set locale
L10n.load(localeTexts);
loadCldr(numberingSystems, gregorian, numbers, timeZoneNames);
setCulture('nl')
Package.json
"@syncfusion/ej2-vue-calendars": "^17.3.27",
"@syncfusion/ej2-vue-schedule": "^17.3.27",
"cldr-data": "^36.0.0",
When I remove the load cldr lines and set the locale to 'en' the scheduler works. Any idea how to fix?

13 Replies

BS Balasubramanian Sattanathan Syncfusion Team November 14, 2019 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion Support.  

We have checked your reported scenario and prepared sample based on your requirement. Kindly try below sample and let us know if you need further assistance on this.  

Sample :  https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/149065/ze/schedule_vue_locale-1762776194.zip 

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S 

AR Arwin December 5, 2019 05:00 PM UTC

Hmm, the example gives the error:

TypeError: "longDateFormat is undefined"
    node_modules view-base.js:344
    node_modules view-base.js:318
    node_modules renderer.js:112
    node_modules renderer.js:25
    node_modules schedule.js:426
    node_modules schedule.js:275
    node_modules schedule.js:254
    node_modules schedule.js:143
    node_modules component.js:145
    node_modules component-base.js:48

What should I do?

BS Balasubramanian Sattanathan Syncfusion Team December 6, 2019 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have tried to reproduce your problem in below sample with reported version. But we couldn’t get any problem in sample and it is working properly at our end. So We have made a video demo for your reference. 

Kindly refer the above links and If you still facing any errors at your end kindly share the workable sample/issue replication steps to serve you better. 

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S

AR Arwin December 9, 2019 10:07 PM UTC

Thank you for the example. But I try too integrate it in my application but it will not work. I keep getting the error: TypeError: "longDateFormat is undefined".

I have investegate the file view-base.js line 344 where the error is comming from and I noticed that the first parameter is of the getValue of that line is:
"main.nl.dates.calendars.gregorian.dateFormats.long"

and the second parameter is an object with language data (cldrData). It not starting with 'main', but with 'default' (see screenshot).
If I change the line to "default.main.nl.dates.calendars.gregorian.dateFormats.long" the error is gone (but the next getValue('main....) gives an error).

Any idea how to fix? I have tried to create an example that is not working, but not succeeded.

Attachment: Schermafbeelding_20191209_om_23.05.04.png_35036309.zip

BS Balasubramanian Sattanathan Syncfusion Team December 10, 2019 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

Thanks for the update. 

We suspect that you are using improper json file for localization conversion. So kindly use cldr-data json file to avoid the reported issue like our previously shared sample. If we have misunderstood, kindly try to reproduce the reported issue in our previously shared sample/share the more details for your problem with issue replication steps/code snippet/video demo(if possible) for serve you better. 

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S 

AR Arwin December 10, 2019 02:41 PM UTC

Hi syncfusion,

I installed "cldr-data": "^36.0.0", back again. And pointed all the json files to the correct items, but same the still error. I don't know where to look now.

I have added a link to a video of the problem. Hopefully you can see what there is wrong.
I take the following steps in the video:
1. Show files Calendar2.vue, locale.json, package.json
2. Delete node_modules directories @syncfusion and cldr-data
3. Run npm install
4. Run npm run dev
5. Show errors
6. Add debug lines in view-base.js
7. Show debug information.

Attachment: videourl.txt_9671cf2e.zip

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 11, 2019 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

We have created a new support incident under your account, please follow the incident for further assistance. Kindly log on to our support website to check further updates on it  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

AR Arwin June 25, 2020 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Syncfusion,

I updated laravel-mix from v2.1.1 to v4.1.4 (it compiles the vue application with webpack). The new version uses webpack@4.43.0 but now the scheduler is not working anymore (see image in attachment). I created an example with the error.

Npm version: 6.11.3
Node version: 10.17.0

ERROR when I open the calendar (no error when compiling):
​stack: "ViewBase.prototype.formatDateRange@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/renderer/view-base.js:362:26ViewBase.prototype.getDateRangeText@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/renderer/view-base.js:328:21Render.prototype.updateHeader@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/renderer/renderer.js:124:77Render.prototype.initializeLayout@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/renderer/renderer.js:104:14Render.prototype.render@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/renderer/renderer.js:25:14Schedule.prototype.initializeView@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/base/schedule.js:519:27Schedule.prototype.renderElements@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/base/schedule.js:338:14ResourceBase.prototype.refreshLayout@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/base/resource.js:543:21ResourceBase.prototype.dataManagerSuccess@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/base/resource.js:520:14ResourceBase.prototype.bindResourcesData/<@webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-schedule/src/schedule/base/resource.js:507:64"

Attachment: webpackerror_8e7520b1.zip

BS Balasubramanian Sattanathan Syncfusion Team July 1, 2020 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have validated your reported scenario “The new version uses webpack@4.43.0 but now the scheduler is not working anymore” at our side and we have tried to run the shared project. But we are unable to run it. So could you please the share the below details to serve you better? 

• Share the steps to run the project
  • Share issue replication steps

Our machine configuration : 
NPM version: 6.11.3 
Node version: 10.17.0 

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S 

AR Arwin July 1, 2020 12:52 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the response.
Hopefully you saw the README.md file, in there you found the installation instructions (just run npm install and npm run dev).

See also the attached video (I updated to node v14.4.0 before I made the video and same errors as with node v10.17.0). 

Hopefully you can find the problem.

Attachment: CleanShot_20200701_at_14.42.51.mp4_ae992b47.zip

PG Pon Geetha A J Syncfusion Team July 3, 2020 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have created a new support incident under your account and will update further details in it. Please follow the incident for further assistance. 

Kindly log on to our support website to check further updates on it   

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S

AR Arwin July 14, 2020 02:08 PM UTC

For people that have the same issue, this was the solution:

Do: 
loadCldr(numberingSystems["default"], gregorian["default"], numbers["default"], timeZoneNames["default"]); 

Don’t: 
loadCldr(numberingSystems, gregorian, numbers, timeZoneNames); 

VM Vengatesh Maniraj Syncfusion Team July 15, 2020 05:05 AM UTC

Hi Arwin, 

Thanks for the update. 

Yes. That was the solution. 

Please get in touch with us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Vengatesh  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon