We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

actionComplete won't trigger when a single file got removed from List

Hello,

I'm using the Fileuploader in my Page and recently detected, that when I add a bunch of files to the Uploader and remove one or more by the X - Icon, the actionComplete function would not be triggering anymore.
This is my Uploader:

When i don't remove a File from the list, then everything is fine and works as it should.

I'm using the Syncfusion Version 17.3.21

Thanks and regards
Dominic

9 Replies

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team November 11, 2019 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Dominic, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the reported requirement. We would like to let us know that actionComplete event in uploader component will triggered after all the successful uploading of all the files. So, it will not be triggered when click the remove before the uploading. However, after the successful uploading, if you click the remove icon then, removing event will trigger. Please refer the below sample and API link, 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

DB Dominic Buerki May 6, 2020 09:06 AM UTC

Hello,

I'm sorry for my late response.

So i Updated my Version to 18.1.0.48 and tried it again.

The answer you told me is that it is not possible to remove a file from an existing list and then upload the remaining files, right?
So why you support this: ?

How do I have to handle this if I accidentally selected an incorrect file and added it to the uploader, then i want to remove it but after the removal the actionComplete will not trigger anymore?

Maybe i will explain it step by step:
- I add 5 files to the uploader
- i remove 1 from the uploader clicking: X 
- there are 4 files left
- i click upload
- the 4 files are in my upload directory, but then the actionComplete will not be triggered

In you example project the same happens:

This example is with 0 files removed:

This example is with one removed, and there is no loging entry in the console:

TY very much for your time.
Best regards Dominic

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team May 8, 2020 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Dominic, 

Thanks for your detailed information.  

We confirmed this as bug in our end and include the fix in the upcoming May 19th ,2020 patch release. You can track the status of the bug in the below feedback link. We appreciate your patience until then  

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

DB Dominic Buerki May 8, 2020 12:11 PM UTC

Thank you very much for fixing this bug in your next release.
I'm glad to hear, you think you can fix this and i will keep trying after you released the new version.

Best Regards
Dominic :)

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team May 11, 2020 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Dominic, 

Thanks for your update. As per our previous update we will get back to you once we included the fix in our patch release. We appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

BD Bui duc Anh July 10, 2020 03:51 AM UTC

Now with Uploader, event actionComplete will not be fired when Uploader initial exist file. If Uploader have no file initial event actionComplete will be fired.
I'm using ej2 version 18.1.52 and 18.2.44 have same this bug

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team July 14, 2020 05:25 AM UTC

Hi Bui, 

Sorry for inconvenience caused. 

Due to included fix breaks the existing functionalities, we could not move the fix in this 18.2.44 release. We will include this fix in our next week patch release. Which will be expected to be rolled out July 22nd, 2020. We appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

FD Felipe de Abajo November 26, 2023 04:10 PM UTC

Hello,

Is this already fixed?

Thank you,

Kind regards

PK Priyanka Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2023 02:41 PM UTC

Hi Felipe de Abajo,

Yes, we have already addressed the issue regarding 'ActionComplete' not triggering when a single file is removed from the list in version 18.2.56. This fix has been incorporated in the latest version, and we have verified that it is working as intended. For your convenience, please find a sample attached for reference

https://stackblitz.com/edit/ghetxk-qj6t7k?file=index.ts,package.json

Regards,

Priyanka K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon