We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Top Navigation Drawer in Xamarin Shell example

I am using the SfSchedule control for the calendaring functionality of my app. My app is using App.Shell. I would like to have a top Drawer that allows the user to toggle from Day View, WeekView, and MonthView. I can't find any sample of SfNavigationDrawer used in a Shell project. Can you point me in the right direction?

4 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 6, 2019 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have prepared a sample using the Shell Page to navigate the month, day and week views in schedule using the navigation drawer. Please have the sample from the below link,

Sample Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/TestSfApp_d48ef1c1383624654

Please check with the sample and if the sample differs from the requirement please provide a pictorial representation of the same which will be helpful for us to provide a better solution.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

TB Tim Belvin November 6, 2019 07:40 PM UTC

Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed.

TB Tim Belvin November 6, 2019 11:54 PM UTC

Thanks again for the sample! Just what I needed - but now have a new challenge.

In the sample you provided, the SfSchedule control was added to the NavigationDrawer's ContentView in code behind. How to I setup the AppointmentMapping in code behind? I also want to bind a OnSelected to have a button for adding new Appointments. How do I set the values for SfSchedule.SelectionView from code behind?

For example, trying to map required fields, I get an exception when I try to run this:
schedule.AppintmentMapping.Colormapping = "color";   

Sorry for the newbie questions. 

IR Indumathi Ravichandran Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Tim,    

Regarding Query: How to I setup the AppointmentMapping in code behind?   

We have prepared a sample for setting the AppointmentMapping in code behind and there is no exception when ColorMapping, it is working fine as expected.   

Please find the sample from the below link.  

Also, we have User Guide documentation link for AppointmentMapping in code behind.   

UG link:    

Regarding Query:  To bind a OnSelected to have a button for adding new Appointments?   

We have prepared a sample for adding appointment when selecting the month cell.   

Please find the sample from the below link.  

Also, we have Appointment Editor sample in our SampleBrowser. Please find the below sample link.  

Regarding Query: How do I set the values for SfSchedule.SelectionView from code behind?   

We have added SelectionView topic in our User Guide documentation link. Please find User Guide documentation from the below links.   

UG links:   

Please let us know if you require further assistance from us.   

Regards,   
Indumathi R   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon