We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

OnKeyFocus preventing numbers greater than 1 digit from being added.

Hi,

cannot use the Add button to update the label.

The problem I am currently facing is with the SfNumericTextBox control and its ValueChangeMode being set to OnKeyfocus. This is a problem on UWP but not Android or IOS.

In this situation the ValueChangeMode is set to OnKeyFocus and the Value is binded to a property on the ViewModel. When I try to input values in the input it does not allow a value that is greater than one digit. 

I have tried the following; 

1. Using the 'OnKeyFocus'. This does not accomplish what I need it to because when the button is clicked, directly after adding numbers to the input, the value does           not get stored.

2. Tried setting the Binding to 'TwoWay' and 'OneWayToSource' but it does not full fill what I need it to do.

My end result is for the value to be stored just before the add button is clicked and the value must be greater than 1 digit. 

I have attached a test project as a Demo for my problem. This can be found on the first rotator page as follows:

Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Attachment: SfNumericTextBox_9230fac.rar

6 Replies

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Taahir,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We are checking the reported scenario. We will update the status on November 8th, 2019.

Regards,
Lakshmi R.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Taahir, 

We can reproduce the reported issue. As we are validating in source, update you the status on 12th November 2019. 

Thanks, 
Rachel.  

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 12, 2019 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Taahir, 

We confirmed “(UWP) Can't enter more than one digit with ValueChangeMode as OnKeyFocus” as an issue and logged feedback report to monitor the status. You can find the link below. 

If you have any more specification/precise replication procedure or a scenario to be tested, you can add it as a comment in the portal link above. 

This fix will be included in the weekly NuGet to be published on 26th November 2019. 

Note: The provided feedback link is private, and you need to login to view this feedback. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 26, 2019 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Taahir, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

As there is some complexity, we need a timeline and the patch will be updated on 29th November 2019.  

Note: The fix was not included in weekly NuGet published today. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 29, 2019 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Taahir, 

We're working on a problem-solving process. However, given that we are faced with some level of framework complexity, we need some timeline to ensure in all scenarios. So, we're glad to appreciate your patience until we deliver the patch on December 13, 2019. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team December 13, 2019 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Taahir, 

Thank you for the patience. 

To resolve the reported issue in application level, change the DataType of the property which is bounded to the Value property as decimal instead of double. By default, the ParsingMode property in the SfNumericTextBox is Decimal. So, please use the data type as decimal for the ParsingMode as Decimal and let us know whether your issue is resolved.   

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon