We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[All platforms] How to use a control inside a PopupView.ContentTemplate?

Good morning,

with the following code:

<sfPopupLayout:SfPopupLayout x:Name="sfPopupLayout_NewDatabase" StaysOpen="True">
<sfPopupLayout:SfPopupLayout.PopupView>
<sfPopupLayout:PopupView ShowHeader="False" ShowFooter="False" WidthRequest="300" HeightRequest="200">
<sfPopupLayout:PopupView.ContentTemplate>
<DataTemplate>
<Grid Padding="16">
<Grid.RowDefinitions>
<RowDefinition Height="30"/>
<RowDefinition/>
<RowDefinition/>
</Grid.RowDefinitions>

<Label x:Name="label_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_Title" Grid.Row="0" Text="New database" FontSize="16" FontAttributes="Bold"/>

<sfTextInputLayout:SfTextInputLayout x:Name="sfTextInputLayout_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_DatabaseName" Grid.Row="1" ContainerType="Outlined" OutlineCornerRadius="5" FocusedColor="#007bff" ErrorColor="#dc3545" Hint="Database name">
<Entry x:Name="entry_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_DatabaseName"/>
</sfTextInputLayout:SfTextInputLayout>

<StackLayout Grid.Row="2" Orientation="Horizontal" HorizontalOptions="End">
<sfButtons:SfButton x:Name="sfButton_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_Cancel" Margin="0,10,0,0" CornerRadius="5" HeightRequest="40" BackgroundColor="#6c757d" VerticalOptions="Center" Clicked="SfButton_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_Cancel_Clicked" Text="Cancel"/>
<sfButtons:SfButton x:Name="sfButton_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_Confirm" Margin="5,10,0,0" CornerRadius="5" HeightRequest="40" BackgroundColor="#007bff" VerticalOptions="Center" Clicked="SfButton_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_Confirm_Clicked" Text="Confirm"/>
</StackLayout>
</Grid>
</DataTemplate>
</sfPopupLayout:PopupView.ContentTemplate>
</sfPopupLayout:PopupView>
</sfPopupLayout:SfPopupLayout.PopupView>
</sfPopupLayout:SfPopupLayout>

I would like to get and set "entry_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_DatabaseName" value, i would like to access to controls like inside the MainPage, how can i do that?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

MN Marco Negroni November 5, 2019 11:01 AM UTC

I need to use binding MVVM or there is another solution?

Thanks

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team November 6, 2019 04:52 PM UTC

Hi Marco,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

In SfpopupLayout, we can not explicitly access the controls that are hosted inside of PopupView. In these cases, we suggested that the MVVM be used to set or get the value for that control in the code behind.

Please follow the code example,

[XAML]
<
ContentPage.BindingContext> 
        <local:ViewModel x:Name="viewModel"/> 
</ContentPage.BindingContext> 
…. 

<Entry x:Name="entry_SfPopupLayout_NewDatabase_DatabaseName" Text="{Binding BookName}"/>
…..

[.CS] 
public MainPage() 
{ 
    InitializeComponent(); 
    viewModel.BookName = "PopupLayout Book"; 
}                      

We hope this helps, please let us know If need further assistance from us.

Regards, 
Karthik Raja 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon