We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfEffectsView and touch events

Hi,

Thanks for the EffectsView control, it's really great :)

I have some feedback though: is it possible to add some touch events? Such as Pressed and Released?
My use case is to create a totally custom button control from Forms only, without renderers. This way I can catch the Released event and trigger a Command.

10 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 31, 2019 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Cyril, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Can you please check that using the AnimationCompleted event in the SfEffectsView as described in the reference below, you could achieve your requirement? 

Please get back to us if you have any concerns. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

CC Cyril Cathala October 31, 2019 01:40 PM UTC

I checked the AnimationCompleted, this is not enough.
I want to react to the button being released, my use case is a button tap.

RK Radoslaw Kubas October 31, 2019 02:52 PM UTC

I would love to have additional events in this control too. AnimationCompleted is not perfect solution because when using it you have to wait with action till animation is completed, there is lots of use cases when it's important to start action when only animation start, in the other case it seems there is lag in UI. BTW, It would be amazing to have separate event for for tap and long press.

I hope it is possible to see it in coming releases.

Best regards,
Radek

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Radek, 

We have considered adding events for effects view as feature request and you can track the status from the below feedback report link. 

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands. 

So, this feature will be available any of our upcoming release. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

JM James Montemagno December 31, 2019 10:27 PM UTC

The other option here is to allow the TapGestureRecognizer built into XF to work out of the box.

```
<syncfusion:SfEffectsView 
                                    TouchDownEffects="Ripple" >
                                    <syncfusion:SfEffectsView.GestureRecognizers>
                                        <TapGestureRecognizer Command="{Binding ToggleStatusCommand}"/>
                                    </syncfusion:SfEffectsView.GestureRecognizers>
                                    <Label Text="{Binding DisplayStatus}" FontSize="Small" HorizontalOptions="Center" VerticalOptions="Center"/>
                                </syncfusion:SfEffectsView>

```

This should work, but the tap is caught

DV Divya Venkatesan Syncfusion Team January 3, 2020 05:18 PM UTC

Hi James, 

We have fixed this issue and it will be included in our upcoming weekly Nuget which is scheduled on January 14, 2020. 

Regards, 
Divya Venkatesan 

CC Cyril Cathala January 6, 2020 08:43 AM UTC

Actually, allowing TapGestureRecognizer is not enough. 
If you want a "true" button behavior, you have to validate the click upon the finger release. Hence the support for Pressed and Released events. 
What does the fix include?

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team January 7, 2020 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Cyril, 

Yes. We will also provide the requested events in any of our upcoming releases.  

Note: The fix for the TapGestureRecognizer issue will be included in our upcoming weekly NuGet which is scheduled on January 14, 2020. 

Regards, 
Rachel.  

CB Conor Breen March 26, 2020 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Rachel,

This issue is still occurring for me in the latest version of Syncfusion.Xamarin.Core for Xamarin Forms (17.4.0.55).

I'm using the AnimationCompleted workaround for now and keeping the animations limited to a single ripple on touch up, but would be happier if you could use a TapGestureRecognizer or if the control had built in Tap/LongPress events/commands...

Thanks,
Conor

DD Devakumar Dhanapoosanam Syncfusion Team March 27, 2020 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Conor Breen, 

We would like to let you know that the reported issue TapGestureRecognizer is working fine at our end. 

Please find the tested sample below using the v17.4.0.55, 

Also, we would like to let you know that the feature has been moved in the 2020 Volume 1 beta release, v18.1.0.36 

XAML: 
<syncEffectsView:SfEffectsView CornerRadius="0,25,0,25"  
                                       TouchDown="SfEffectsView_TouchDown" 
                                       TouchUp="SfEffectsView_TouchUp" 
                                       LongPressed="SfEffectsView_LongPressed"> 
                …. 
</syncEffectsView:SfEffectsView> 

XAML: 
<syncEffectsView:SfEffectsView CornerRadius="0,25,0,25"  
                                       TouchDownCommand="{Binding TouchDownCommand}" 
                                       TouchUpCommand="{Binding TouchUpCommand}" 
                                       LongPressedCommand="{Binding LongPressedCommand}"> 

</syncEffectsView:SfEffectsView> 

We have prepared a sample using the additional events and commands in EffectsView using NuGet Syncfusion.Xamarin.Core v18.1.0.36, 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Devakumar D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon