We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How to extract XML friendly HTML content from RTE

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

148524 Oct 23,2019 01:45 PM UTC Oct 24,2019 12:07 PM UTC ReactJS 1
Tags: RTE
Sergio Castrellon
Asked On October 23, 2019 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Team,

I am exploring the RichTextEditor and I am having issues with the HTML content which is returned from rteObj.value or rteObj.getHTML(). It does not have the special chars like apostrophe escaped. I am sending the data further to an API which will convert the extracted HTML into XML and send to the SP for processing.

Do we have any method in RTE which takes care of this, for example "management’s" gets escaped as "management’s" or I need to handle it at my end?

Thank you!

Keerthana Rajendran [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 24, 2019 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Rimrock Capital, 

Good day to you. 

We suggest you to set the enableHtmlEncode property to true in our RTE component to return the encrypted text. The default value of enableHtmlEncode property is false. You can get the editor content using value property or getHtml methods of RTE.  

If we have misunderstood, share us some clear details on the requirement to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Keerthana.  

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon