We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

locale=''ar" and Globalization

i have some issue with datepicker components everything working fine with Globalization and cldr files loaded successfully .
                <ejs-datepicker  enableRtl="true"></ejs-datepicker>

everything working fine but when i changed to below 

<ejs-datepicker dayHeaderFormat='Narrow' format='yyyy/MM/dd'  placeholder="select date" calendarMode='Islamic' ></ejs-datepicker>

calendarMode to islamic it gives me error 

ERROR TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object

at Function.keys (<anonymous>)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/calendar/calendar.js.CalendarBase.getCultureValues (calendar.js:253)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/calendar/calendar.js.CalendarBase.createContentHeader (calendar.js:286)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/calendar/calendar.js.CalendarBase.createContent (calendar.js:238)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/calendar/calendar.js.Calendar.createContent (calendar.js:1906)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/calendar/calendar.js.CalendarBase.render (calendar.js:150)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/calendar/calendar.js.Calendar.render (calendar.js:1816)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/datepicker/datepicker.js.DatePicker.show (datepicker.js:769)

at DatePickerComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-calendars/src/datepicker/datepicker.js.DatePicker.dateIconHandler (datepicker.js:359)

at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone.js:423)

i need to solve this issue kindly help .

1 Reply

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Hasnain, 

Good day to you. 

We would like to inform you that, the reported issue caused due to load the “ca-gregorian.json“ file in the loadCldr method to load the culture files in Islamic mode. So, we suggest you to load the “ca-islamic.json“ file to load the required culture files while using Islamic service as mentioned in the below code example to resolve the issue at your end. 

loadCldr( 
  require("cldr-data/main/ar/numbers.json"), 
  require("cldr-data/main/ar/ca-islamic.json"), 
  require("cldr-data/supplemental/numberingSystems.json"), 
  require("cldr-data/main/ar/timeZoneNames.json") 
); 

Please find the sample from the below link. 

Note: Also please inject the IslamicService in the app.module.ts file since it is injectable module.  

Please refer the above sample and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon