We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Customize the suggestion dropdown.

Hi Team,

I am trying to use SfTextBoxExt which help in filtering options dynamically and capture text entered.
I was able to  modify items templates using AutoCompleteItemTemplate to show 2/3 columns when the drop down is open but I would like to know if  there is a way I will be able to get a Header on the column for the data in the item template. I would like to use properties like MinimumPrefixCharacters/SuggestionMode etc.

It would be great if I can get a sample to achieve headers for the columns in the drop down suggestions.

Thanks,
Srikanth V.

1 Reply

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 10:08 AM UTC

Hi Srikanth,

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query 1: Header on the column for the data in the item template

Currently we don’t have a header support for the Suggestion box in SfAutoComplete. 

Query 2: Using properties like MinimumPrefixCharacters/SuggestionMode in AutoComplete. 

We have checked your requirement with SfAutoComplete. We have prepared the simple sample for your reference. Please have a below code example 

Code snippet: 

<editors:SfTextBoxExt HorizontalAlignment="Center"  
                                     VerticalAlignment="Center"  
                                     Width="200" 
                                     SearchItemPath="Name" 
                                     MinimumPrefixCharacters="2" 
                                     SuggestionMode="StartsWith" 
                                     AutoCompleteMode="Suggest" 
                                     AutoCompleteSource="{Binding Employees}" > 

We have prepared the sample which will be available for downloading in below

Sample Link: 
UG Link: 
https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sftextboxext/prefix-characters-constraint

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon