We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.DocIO.Portable, Version=17.2451.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1. I created a new .Net Standard 2.0 library that will generate PDF Reports. This library will be used in our Xamarin apps (iOS, Android and UWP) and also be called from our ASP.Net. Web Api Service.

2. I added the following packages to my .Net Standard library:
     SyncFusion.Xamarin.DocIO (17.2.0.51)
     SyncFusion.Xamarin.DocIORenderer (17.2.0.51)
     SyncFusion.Xamarin.PFD (17.2.0.51)

3. I added the .Net Standard library to my Web Api Service project.

4. Tried to call into my library to generate a PDF Report and got the following error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.DocIO.Portable, Version=17.2451.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

What am I missing?

Do I need to add this line somewhere (in the library? in the Web Api Service?):
SyncfusionLicenseProvider.RegisterLicense(....)

When I look in the bin folder of my Wep Api Service and my .Net Standard library there are no SyncFusion dlls which I would expect to see yet the project compiles and runs.

Kind of lost.

2 Replies

EB Ed Barnes October 2, 2019 10:51 PM UTC

I tried adding this to my Startup.cs class in my ASP.Net Web Api and it did not fix the issue:

SyncfusionLicenseProvider.RegisterLicense(....)

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team October 3, 2019 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Ed Barnes,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have updated the details in the support incident which has been created under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon