We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Layoutproblems with SfTextInputLayout on UWP

Hi,

I've encountered several problems with the TextInputLayout and they seem to happen only on UWP. Most of them I could replicate in a sample project:

The most severe might happen when putting more of them into a border. as you can see in the sample project the border is not resized correctly and quite a lot of the content is moving outside of it. This seems to be connected with putting the border into a scrollView.

The second problem is my usage of the TextInputLayout in my derived control TextDisplay. When using an editor to show multiline texts the control is not resized at all and only shows the Title. On iOS and Android this works.

A similar problem might happen with my login page. I've created a login page with SfTextInputLayout elements and bound the text to a viewModel. If I load old login data into the entry-elements they are not shown and I can not click on the SfTextInputLayout to see the text in it. It works on other platforms and if I do not have text from the beginning on UWP it also works on UWP. Unfortunatly I could not reproduce this behavior in my sample, but I found a workaround by setting a heightRequest to the border containing my login fields.

regards
Martin

Attachment: SFTextInputLayoutSample_51de5041.zip

5 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 3, 2019 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query 1: When placed text input layout inside border not resized properly. 

We have checked the scenario using the provided sample and the content of the border is rendered properly without any sizing issue. So, could you please provide us the replication steps to reproduce the border issue or attach the issue screenshot if possible. 

Query 2: When showing multiline text, control is not resized. 
Query 3: If I load old login data into the entry-elements they are not shown, and I cannot click on the SfTextInputLayout to see the text in it. 

The above two issues are already known issues in the SfTextInputLayout in UWP platform. We are working on this issue, we will fix and provide patch for this issue on October 8th, 2019. Appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Rachel. 

MA Martin October 3, 2019 11:58 AM UTC

Hello Rachel,

thanks for the fast response. Syncfusion support is excellent as always.

As for the first query: I've provided a screenshot of it. This is the sample project started on UWP on a Win 10 Pro Desktop PC running 10.0.17763. I've restarted the computer and still get the same issue. You can see the red border from the SfBorder element cutting right through a SfTextInputLayout. The button, that is shown below, should also still be within the border.

I noticed, that the border gets redrawn correctly the moment I resize the window horizontally.

Updating to the newest Xamarin.Forms and the Syncfusion 17.3 beta as well as changing the target version to build 18362 did not help.

regards,
Martin

Attachment: TextInputLayoutBorder_eb331c1b.zip

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 03:13 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

We are able to reproduce the border resize issue too at our end and we have fixed all the three reported issues. Due to having some technical glitch, we are not able to provide patch in the version 17.3.0.14. Now, we are checking the other possibilities to provide patch. So we will update you the status on  Oct 8th, 2019.

Regards,
Lakshmi R.

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team October 8, 2019 06:00 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your patience. We have fixed the mentioned and created a patch from 17.2.0.46 as we couldn’t create patch for weekly NuGet version.

Please find the patch setup from the below location.

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.2.0.46/1180476/I250373/SyncfusionPatch_17.2.0.46_1180476_10042019125617150_I250373.exe

(OR)

Please find the patch assemblies from the below location.

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.2.0.46/1180476/I250373/SyncfusionPatch_17.2.0.46_1180476_10042019125617150_I250373.zip

(OR)

Please find the NuGet from the below location.

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.2.0.46/1180476/I250373/SyncfusionNuget_17.2.0.46_1180476_10042019125617150_I250373.zip

Assembly Version: 17.2.0.46

Disclaimer:

Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.46 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

Could you please crosscheck at your end by clearing the NuGet cache as mentioned in this link? and use the provided NuGet and confirm us whether you can resolve this issue. We will include this fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet release which is available on October 15th, 2019. Appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,

Lakshmi R.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 15, 2019 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

We are glad to announce that our weekly NuGet was rolled out today and fix for the reported issue was included in the weekly NuGet. 

NuGet Version: 17.3.0.17

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon