We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Report Viewer #CombinedFinancialData_viewerContainer sets height to 0

When I added a report viewer to my cshtml page everything works ok as far as rendering and such except for the viewerContainer height is always set to 0.  When I update it manually in dev tools I see the data show up as I would expect.  I'm not sure what is causing this.  Any ideas on what to do? 

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 27, 2019 09:48 AM UTC

Hi James, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have validated the reported problem, and this may occur when we missed to specify the height and width for the div element in which ReportViewer has been specified. We have prepared a simple sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

If still face any issue, then modify the above sample to reproduce the issue at our end. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

JB James Bridgeford September 27, 2019 04:58 PM UTC

I got the report designer working; however, I missed the fact it doesn't work with RDLC files.  I'm trying to write RDLC files that have parameters, but you require a name or description or something for them which I can't set in the standard Report Designer in Visual Studio.  Is there a way for me to edit these RDLC files in your report designer?

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 30, 2019 07:26 AM UTC

Hi James, 

We have provided support to create/edit the RDLC report in Web ReportDesigner in our upcoming BoldReports release. It has been scheduled to release on 2nd week of October 2019. We will let you know once it has been released. Meanwhile could you please provide some additional details such as snapshot for the issue that you are facing with Visual Studio RDLC designer. It will be helpful for us to provide solution. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon