We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SyncfusionLicenseException: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion Essential Studio v. 7.203.0.37 for .Net 2.0. I have Syncfusion installed on my development box which is a 64-bit Vista Enterprise machine. I have built my windows forms solution and marked all the Syncfusion assemblies as "Copy Local". So the bin\Release directory has all the binaries needed to run the app. When I install the application on a machine that does not have Syncfusion installed, I get the following exception when I try to open the form that has a Syncfusion grid on it:

Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.SyncfusionLicenseException: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application.
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.TryAddingSLF(String workingDir)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)

I read a couple of posts before and it seems that this file is needed for versions earlier than 3.3. However, it seems that I need it for version 7 as well. When I drop that file in the bin directory next to the assemblies, the screen works. However, I would like to avoid distributing that file.

Regards,

Steve

14 Replies

SH Steve Hadjieff July 23, 2009 01:52 PM UTC

Hi,

I put in a DirectTrac incident and they provided me with patches to the Syncfusion.Core dll for versions 7.2.

Here are the instructions:

Please follow the steps below to correct this issue.

Please download the following assemblies.

Syncfusion.Core-Patch-7.2-1083820527.zip

These assemblies should replace the file “Syncfusion.Core.dll” under the following folders.

• Version 2.0 file- Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\7.2.0.37\2.0
• Version 3.5 file – Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\7.2.0.37\3.5

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed as a shortcut in the application menu) to re-install assemblies. Re-build your application. The error should then be corrected.

Regards,

Steve

Syncfusion.Core-Patch-7.2-1083820527_541f3aea.zip

SB Steven Britton August 4, 2009 11:53 AM UTC

Will this work for the 7.3.0.20 release also or do I need updated version of those files?

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 6, 2009 02:08 AM UTC

Hi Steven,

You will need an updated version for 7.3.0.20.

Please download the following assemblies.

Version 2.0 assembly

Version 3.5 assembly

These assemblies should replace the file “Syncfusion.Core.dll” under the
following folders.

Version 2.0 file- Replace file under $system drive:\Program
Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\2.0

Version 3.5 file – Replace file under $system drive:\Program
Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\3.5

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly
Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed
as a shortcut in the application menu) to re-install assemblies. Re-build your
application. The error should then be corrected.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Best regards

Daniel Jebaraj
Syncfusion, Inc

CR Chandrashekhar Rai November 17, 2009 07:24 AM UTC

I have same error for olap grid

No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application.Please help

CR Chandrashekhar Rai November 17, 2009 07:29 AM UTC

if I run assembly manager from dashboard it has option to install and remove the assebly for specified version.It's not working.
I am getting the problem in olap grid.

JL Julie Levy December 16, 2009 09:51 PM UTC

I was just wondering if this patch is necessary in version 7.4.0.20 or if the fix is included.
Thanks,
Julie

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 1, 2010 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

This issue is fixed and it is available from v7.4.0.20 and all in our future versions. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijay

ME Mehdi Emrani May 15, 2010 01:04 PM UTC

Why the Links of patch to correct the issue for version 7.3.0.20 dont work??!

VS Velusamy Subramaniam Syncfusion Team May 17, 2010 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Mehdi

Thanks for using our Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the broken link. We have fixed the reported issue.

Could you please try now ?.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Velusamy

AA ArikS AM September 24, 2019 02:23 PM UTC

Hi
I have this issue on ver. 7.303.0.20
do you have a fix for this version please

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 25, 2019 01:20 PM UTC

Hi ArikS 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.   

As Essential Studio version v7.3.0.20 is a very oldest version, we will not provide support for these older version. Hence, we kindly recommend you to upgrade to our latest Essential Studio version which you can download from our website downloads page.   

Refer to the below KB article to generate license and unlock key.   

License key: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/8976        

Unlock key: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/8069       

Refer to the below KB article to know the difference between unlock key and license key.      

To know more about Syncfusion Licensing changes, refer here.   

Let us know if this helps you.  

Regards,  
Vadivel Natarajan   

AA ArikS AM September 26, 2019 08:08 AM UTC

Thank you for your response.
I actually have a customers which  uses the controls in their application and we are currently planing the upgrade
but this issue need to fixed ASAP

can you please see why the links in 
posted by Daniel Jebaraj  
redirect me to the home page instead of download the files?

or maybe you can just send the dlls to me by mail or other online storage
with regards,
Arik

PR Padmini Ramamurthy Syncfusion Team September 27, 2019 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Ariks, 

We would like to let you know that requested version is not actively supported and we are not authorized to provide such support under the service level agreement associated with your license. We have alerted our license compliance team to review your request. If you need further questions/ clarification on this, please contact our sales team - sales@syncfusion.com to get prompt assistance. 

Regards, 
Padmini  

BG Bobby Graves Syncfusion Team September 27, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hello Arik, 
I attempted calling to assist in expediting your request, but it appears the number on your account is incorrect. I have sent an email to your @Gmail account so that I may help expedite your request more efficiently. Please let me know if you do not receive my email and I will be happy to send once more. 

I look forward to helping and providing the support requested so you may reach this deadline. 

Bobby Graves | Global Product Consultant

BobbyG@syncfusion.com | www.Syncfusion.com

2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA

+1 919.481.1974 Ext. 225 | Fax: +1 919.573.0306

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon