We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Allow Declared Parameters in the Query Text?

I'm trying to figure out how to have a locally declared parameter that stays with the Datasets query and does not try to get added to the parameters list on the dataset or the report.  I have some advanced queries that store some temp data in local parameters in the query text.  All the queries I'm trying to bring over have been running on SSRS and work fine.  

Example:
DECLARE @dr table(acct varchar(max));
INSERT INTO @dr values('acct1'),('acct2');
SELECT * FROM @dr;

Every time I try to use one of these types of queries, the report designer tries to add the parameter for @dr to the dataset and the report and then I receive the error that @dr has already been declared.  I have tried to delete the automatically added parameter to no avail. If I remove the declare statement I then receive errors regarding conversion between string and object even if I try to declare the type for the parameter inside the report designer.

Is there any way to have the report designer ignore query declared parameters?  This is Report Server v4.1.0.25.

Thanks,
Brian

5 Replies

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team September 24, 2019 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Brain, 

We were able to reproduce the mentioned dataset issue when using the shared Transect SQL queries. We will fix this issue and include this fix in our upcoming Report Platform release. Which is estimated to release on end of this month September 2019. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

BR Brian October 25, 2019 12:34 PM UTC

I've been watching for a new release.  Do we have an updated timeframe for the next release version?

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team October 28, 2019 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Brain, 

We have included the fix changes in our BoldReports server Report Designer.  

Could you please confirm whether the mentioned issue was cleared or not in BoldReports server. Please find the below BoldReports documentation for your reference. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

BR Brian October 28, 2019 12:30 PM UTC

I was hesitant to move to bold reports as I could not find any information on the possibility of a community edition.

Does bold reports support what was the Community Edition of Report Server?

SS Swetha Srikumar Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Brain, 

For sales related please contact sales@syncfusion.com or mattu@syncfusion.com directly for immediate assistance. 

Regards, 
Swetha 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon