We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error when trying to add : ng add @syncfusion/ej2-angular-grids

Hello, 
I am currently trying to add a Grid to an Angular Project , i have zero knowledge in Angular , i ve watched some tutorials and so , but today i have been following this video by Syncfusion : 
ive done all the parts but when im adding the : ng add @syncfusion/ej2-angular-grids ive got an error : 

+ @syncfusion/ej2-angular-grids@17.2.51
added 22 packages from 8 contributors and audited 19045 packages in 23.548s
found 0 vulnerabilities

Installed packages for tooling via npm.
Cannot import theme file. The file '/src/styles.css' is missing.
UPDATE package.json (1382 bytes)
UPDATE src/app/app.module.ts (416 bytes)
UPDATE angular.json (3890 bytes)
npm ERR! code ETARGET
npm ERR! notarget No matching version found for @syncfusion/ej2-material-theme@~18.0.1  
npm ERR! notarget In most cases you or one of your dependencies are requesting
npm ERR! notarget a package version that doesn't exist.
npm ERR! notarget
npm ERR! notarget It was specified as a dependency of 'my-grid-app'
npm ERR! notarget

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roamingpm-cache\_logs\2019-09-22T19_24_22_203Z-debug.log
Package install failed, see above.

If i can receive any help it would be much appreciated , i have been using SyncFusion components in my ASPX projects it worked like a charm , i am really a fan of SyncFusion , but now im trying with Angular. Thanks in advance for the help

And this is the log file : (last few lines )

22 silly saveTree | `-- tsutils@2.29.0
22 silly saveTree +-- typescript@3.5.3
22 silly saveTree `-- zone.js@0.9.1
23 verbose type range
24 verbose stack @syncfusion/ej2-material-theme: No matching version found for @syncfusion/ej2-material-theme@~18.0.1
24 verbose stack     at pickManifest (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modulespm-pick-manifest\index.js:101:11)
24 verbose stack     at fetchPackument.then.packument (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\pacote\lib\fetchers\registry\manifest.js:24:14)
24 verbose stack     at tryCatcher (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
24 verbose stack     at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:512:31)
24 verbose stack     at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:569:18)
24 verbose stack     at Promise._settlePromiseCtx (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:606:10)
24 verbose stack     at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:142:12)
24 verbose stack     at _drainQueue (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:131:9)
24 verbose stack     at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:147:5)
24 verbose stack     at Immediate.Async.drainQueues [as _onImmediate] (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespmode_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:17:14)
24 verbose stack     at runCallback (timers.js:705:18)
24 verbose stack     at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:676:5)
24 verbose stack     at processImmediate (timers.js:658:5)
25 verbose cwd C:\Users\Admin\test2\my-grid-app
26 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.18362
27 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\odejs\ode.exe" "C:\\Program Files\odejs\ode_modules\pm\\bin\pm-cli.js" "install" "--quiet"
28 verbose node v10.16.3
29 verbose npm  v6.9.0
30 error code ETARGET
31 error notarget No matching version found for @syncfusion/ej2-material-theme@~18.0.1
32 error notarget In most cases you or one of your dependencies are requesting
32 error notarget a package version that doesn't exist.
32 error notarget
32 error notarget It was specified as a dependency of 'my-grid-app'
33 verbose exit [ 1true ]

1 Reply

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team September 23, 2019 12:04 PM UTC

Hi zouzou, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

We are unable to reproduce the problem at our end. We suspect that your application package.json is incorrectly mentioning the version for ej2-material-theme. Refer to the available versions of the ej2-material-theme. Moreover, Grid don’t have depend to ej2-material-them package directly. So we suggest to ensure the package.json file. 

Refer to the Grid documentation for installation.  

If you are still facing the problem, please share the package.json file. 

Regards,  
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon