We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Secondary Axis linked to Primary Axis

I'm trying to recreate this visual.

The Y1 Axis is Directly Linked to the Y2 axis... In this case 25 skills = 18 months, 100 skills = 48 months, these will vary but this is the general goal I'm going with.

All the examples show 2x axis on the left side, but I need them to be like shown here.

Thanks

1 Reply

GR Geetha Rajendran Syncfusion Team September 23, 2019 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We have achieved your requirement by using the ActualRangeChanged event and LabelCreated event. In LabelCreated event, you can able to change the text based on condition. Please refer the below code. 

Code snippet[XAML]: 
<!--Initialize the vertical axis for SfChart--> 
<syncfusion:SfChart.SecondaryAxis> 
    <syncfusion:NumericalAxis x:Name="secondaryAxis" Header="Developmental Age" OpposedPosition="True" Interval="25" LabelCreated="NumericalAxis_LabelCreated" MajorTickLineStyle="{StaticResource lineStyle}" /> 
</syncfusion:SfChart.SecondaryAxis> 

<!--Initialize the series for SfChart--> 
<syncfusion:LineSeries ItemsSource="{Binding Data}" XBindingPath="XValue" YBindingPath="YValue" BorderBrush="DarkBlue" > 
    <syncfusion:LineSeries.YAxis> 
        <syncfusion:NumericalAxis x:Name="yAxis" Minimum="0" ShowGridLines="False" Interval="25" ActualRangeChanged="YAxis_ActualRangeChanged" Header="Skills Mastered" MajorTickLineStyle="{StaticResource lineStyle}" > 
        </syncfusion:NumericalAxis> 
    </syncfusion:LineSeries.YAxis> 
</syncfusion:LineSeries> 

Code snippet[C#]: 
private void NumericalAxis_LabelCreated(object sender, LabelCreatedEventArgs e) 
{ 
    var label = Convert.ToDouble(e.AxisLabel.LabelContent); 
    if(label == 0) 
    { 
        e.AxisLabel.LabelContent = "0 months"; // change your label content here 
    } 
} 

private void YAxis_ActualRangeChanged(object sender, ActualRangeChangedEventArgs e) 
{ 
    secondaryAxis.Minimum = (double)e.ActualMinimum; 
    secondaryAxis.Maximum = (double)e.ActualMaximum; 
} 

Screenshot: 

Thanks, 
Geetha R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon