We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Show a partial view containing a form inside a dialog

Hello,
I'm trying to show a form partial within a dialog without loading the form content via ajax.

Here's the dialog call: 

@Html.EJS().Dialog("Dialog").IsModal(true).OverlayClick("dlgOverlayClick").Header("Opération effectuée").Content(Html.Partial("~/Views/Shared/TestForm.cshtml").ToString()).Target("#dlg-container").ShowCloseIcon(true).Visible(false).Width("80%").Height("80%").Buttons(btn =>
        {
            btn.Click("dlgBtnOkClick").ButtonModel(new { isPrimary = true, cssClass = "e-flat", content = "Ok" }).Add();
            btn.Click("dlgBtnCancelClick").ButtonModel(new { cssClass = "e-flat", content = "Cancel" }).Add();
        }).Render()

And here's the form Partial:

@{

List<CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType> roomsTypes = new List<CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType>()
{
        new CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType() {id = 1, name = "Single" },
        new CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType() {id = 2, name = "Double" },
        new CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType() {id = 3, name = "Twin" },
        new CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType() {id = 4, name = "Triple" },
        new CrescendoPMS.Models.RoomType() {id = 5, name = "Suite" }
    };

}

<div class="control-collection">
    <div class="control_wrapper accordion-control-section">
        @Html.EJS().TextBox("invoice_number").Placeholder("Invoice number").ShowClearButton(true).FloatLabelType(Syncfusion.EJ2.Inputs.FloatLabelType.Auto).Render()
        @Html.EJS().TextBox("invoice_ref").Placeholder("Invoice reference").ShowClearButton(true).FloatLabelType(Syncfusion.EJ2.Inputs.FloatLabelType.Auto).Render()
        @Html.EJS().DatePicker("invoice_date").Format("dd/MM/yyyy").Placeholder("Invoice date").Render()
        @Html.EJS().NumericTextBox("gross_te").Format("c").ShowSpinButton(false).Placeholder("Net amount tax exluded").Render()
        @Html.EJS().ComboBox("room_type").Placeholder("Room type").AllowFiltering(false).DataSource(roomsTypes).Fields(new Syncfusion.EJ2.DropDowns.ComboBoxFieldSettings { Text = "name", Value = "id" }).Render()
        @Html.EJS().CheckBox("recurrent").Label("Recurrent").Render()
    </div>
</div>

@Html.EJS().ScriptManager()

This is not working, and i'm having a syntax error saying that there's an incorrect token somewhere...

Thank you for your help

4 Replies

FH Fayçal HANNOUN September 21, 2019 10:02 PM UTC

I finaly figured it out !
Here how i could do it:

@Html.EJS().Dialog("Dialog").IsModal(true).OverlayClick("dlgOverlayClick").Header("Opération effectuée").ContentTemplate(@<div>@Html.Partial("~/Views/Shared/TestForm.cshtml")</div>).Target("#dlg-container").ShowCloseIcon(true).Visible(false).Width("80%").Height("80%").Buttons(btn =>
   {
       btn.Click("dlgBtnOkClick").ButtonModel(new { isPrimary = true, cssClass = "e-flat", content = "Ok" }).Add();
       btn.Click("dlgBtnCancelClick").ButtonModel(new { cssClass = "e-flat", content = "Cancel" }).Add();
   }).Render()

All i had to do was wrap the @Html.Partial("...") in a @<div></div> in the ContentTemplate method !
Please tell me if this is good to go with or there is a recomended way to do it so i can mark the issue as resolved.

Thank you.

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team September 23, 2019 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Fayçal, 

Good day to you. 

Your last shared solution is the recommended way, you can proceed further. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Narayanasamy P. 

FH Fayçal HANNOUN September 23, 2019 12:43 PM UTC

Thank you very much.

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team September 24, 2019 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Fayçal, 

You are welcome. Please feel free to contact us, if you need further help while integrating syncfusion controls into your application. 

Regards, 
Narayanasamy P. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon