We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Polyline Vertices

Working on a simple floorplan diagram in Angular 8 and using the Polyline Connector. I need help understanding how to edit the vertices of the polyline after the line has been initially created? Also how would I add a second polyline to my diagram?

public created(argsObject): void {
    this.connector = { id: 'connector1'type: 'Polyline' };
    this.diagram.drawingObject = this.connector;
    this.diagram.tool = DiagramTools.DrawOnce;
    this.diagram.dataBind();
}

html template:
<ejs-diagram #diagram id="diagram" width="100%" height="580px" [snapSettings]='snapSettings' (created)='created($event)'>
</ejs-diagram>

1 Reply

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team September 20, 2019 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Query 
Response 
Working on a simple floorplan diagram in Angular 8 and using the Polyline Connector. I need help understanding how to edit the vertices of the polyline after the line has been initially created? 
To edit a polyline connector, we need to inject ConnectorEditing module and set connector Constraints as DragSegmentThumb. please refer to a code example below. 

Code example: 

//inject connectorediting module 
Diagram.Inject(ConnectorEditing) 

//button click to add polyline connector 
    public polylineConnector(): void { 
      //create connector 
      let connector = { id: 'connector1', type: 'Polyline', constraints: ConnectorConstraints.Default | ConnectorConstraints.DragSegmentThumb }; 
      this.diagram.drawingObject = connector; 
      // tool activated to draw connector once 
      this.diagram.tool = DiagramTools.DrawOnce; 
      this.diagram.dataBind(); 

Please refer to the help documentation below that shows the list of diagram features module you can inject it in your application. 

Connector constraints documentation 

Also how would I add a second polyline to my diagram
We have created a sample in which we can draw a new polyline connector on each button click.  

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon