We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unwanted question mark coming while using the tools present in the rich text editor

I am getting unwanted question while using the tools inside the rich text editor. 
I am attaching a screenshot to show the error.

It comes properly while insertion. I push the data to my database and when i call it back it comes this way.
Please assist me

9 Replies

PM Pandiyaraj Muniyandi Syncfusion Team September 17, 2019 06:34 PM UTC

HiRahul,

We have resolved theRichTextEditorcomponent reportedissue “Unwanted question mark coming while using the tools present in the rich text editor” and included in17.2.51patch release.

We suggest you upgrade theej2-angular-richtexteditorpackage into latest version to resolve the issues.

Regards,
Pandiyaraj M

RV Rahul V Reji September 18, 2019 05:23 AM UTC

I updated the package and the error still persists.

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team September 18, 2019 09:07 AM UTC

Hi Rahul, 

Thanks for contacting us again. 

We have validated your query and we suspect that, old packages are still remains in your application, even after upgraded the packages. 
So, we suggest you do run the following commands and then run your application 

While upgrade/downgrade the npm packages in application, run the following command. It will remove the old/duplicate packages from node_modules folder 

npm dedupe 

Documentation: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/common/how-to/update-npm-package/

Still if you are facing issue, kindly share the reproducible sample for our reference

Regards,  
Narayanasamy P.  

RV Rahul V Reji September 18, 2019 09:30 AM UTC

Hi i performed the steps mentioned in the documentation but the error still persists.
I also tried removing the package and re-installing it and the problem is still there.

What sample would you require for reference?

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team September 18, 2019 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Rahul, 

We suspect you have upgraded to the latest package without deleting package-lock.json file. So, follow below mentioned steps to get the reported issue is resolved. 

1.       Delete package-lock.json file from the root of your application folder 
2.       Delete the entire “@syncfusion" folder from node_modules folder 
3.       Open package.json file and update ej2-angular-richtexteditor package version as 17.2.51 
4.       Now again do npm install and run your application and ensure the reported issue. 

We have validated this issue with our end, we shared the sample project get it from below link 

If the issue still persists kindly modify the shared sample to reproduce the issue and revert to us, so that we can provide solution at earliest. 
Also run the below command in cmd and share the log details to us 
ng --version 

Regards,  
Narayanasamy P.  

RD Rebecca D July 19, 2021 08:55 AM UTC

This is still an issue on version 18.4.49

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team July 20, 2021 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Rahul, 

We have further validated your query “Unwanted question mark coming while using the tools present in the rich text editor” with version 18.4.49 

We have tried to reproduce the issue, but we couldn’t. we suspect that the issue occurs due to the Unicode characters in the Rich Text Editor. This issue can be resolved by replacing the Unicode characters with empty content. We have prepared a sample for your reference,  

Code Snippet:  
public removeUnicode(): void {  
  this.rteObj.value = this.rteObj.value.replace(/[\u200B\uFEFF]/g"");  
}  

Please check the above code snippet and the sample and let us know if it resolves your issue. 

Still, if you are facing the issue, Please share us the following details, 

• Runnable issue reproducing sample,
  • Video illustration of issue reproducing steps.

The above details will be helpful for us to resolve the issue to assist you at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinitha 

NS Nils Steinle February 4, 2022 10:02 AM UTC

In my case:

Changing the SQL Columntype from VARCHAR(MAX) to NVARCHAR(MAX) seems to fixed it.

BS Buvana Sathasivam Syncfusion Team February 7, 2022 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Nils, 

We are happy to hear your problem has been solved.  Please let us know if you have any further queries.   

Regards, 
Buvana S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon