We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DateTime column does not accept formatting/loses formatting after editing values

I have two DateTime columns/cells on an SfDataGrid, one of which is supposed to display the date and another the time off the same SQL date field. However, setting the Format property on the second cell (the time cell) seems to be of no use, as the date (just the date,not the full date/time value) is still displayed when loading the data. 

I have tried adapting my SQL query to separate the values in case there's no other way to achieve this, but no matter how the Format property is set (tried both ShortTime and Custom formats), when I edit a value, the cell loses the formatting, reverting back to the full date/time format. Is there a property  I need to define for that?

1 Reply

GG Gowtham Gopalsamy Syncfusion Team September 18, 2019 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Bill, 

We have analyzed your query to display the date in one column and time in another column when load the data format is displayed and when enter to edit the time column cell value format shows with corresponding format. We have attached the sample and still you are facing the issue .Please provide the sample or video about this query and the version of dashboard . It will help us to the further investigation for provide the earlier prompt solution.  

Please refer the sample link in below, 

Please refer the below video link, 

Regards, 

Gowtham 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon