We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Disabling TimeScale causes dragged appointments to display "Undefined - Undefined"

Hello,
I have a Schedule where I want to disable TimeScale for my "week" and "work week" views.
.TimeScale(x => x.Enable(false))

However, whenever I do so, I will get the text "Undefined - Undefined" when I drag appointments to a new resource.
  • If I slowly drag the appointment to a new ressource, the appointment displays the proper text
  • If I quickly (regular mouse speed) move the dragged appointment back and forth between resources it changes the text to "Undefined - Undefined"

Am I using the feature wrong or is this a bug?
I have attached an example project where the issue can be seen.

Attachment: Sample_713ea732.zip

8 Replies

TW Toke Wivelsted September 17, 2019 07:40 AM UTC

I found another issue with dragging appointments when TimeScale is disabled.
If I drag an appointment to the left-most part of the Schedule, it will be dropped on the day before the actual day.

In the previously linked sample I have the following function:

function OnDragStop(args)
    {
        console.debug("appointment.StartTime: " + args.appointment.StartTime);
        console.debug("draggedAppointment.StartTime: " + args.draggedAppointment.StartTime);
        args.cancel = true;
    }   

This following is the output when I drag an appointment from Nov. 9th to Nov. 8th (left-most day in the Schedule):
appointment.StartTime: Sat Nov 07 2015 08:00:00 GMT+0100 (Rom, normaltid)
draggedAppointment.StartTime: Mon Nov 09 2015 08:00:00 GMT+0100 (Rom, normaltid)

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team September 17, 2019 10:12 AM UTC

Hi Toke,  

Syncfsuion greetings. 

We could reproduce the reported issues and logged the below bug report. Fix will be included in our Volume 3, 2019 main release which is expected to be roll out by the end of September 2019. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

TW Toke Wivelsted September 17, 2019 10:17 AM UTC

Thank you :)

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team September 18, 2019 04:11 AM UTC

Most welcome 😊 

PN Preethi Nesakkan Gnanadurai Syncfusion Team October 16, 2019 05:05 AM UTC

Subject: SV: Syncfusion support community forum 147560, Disabling TimeScale causes dragged appointments to display "Undefined - Undefined", has been updated. 

Hi, I just want to follow up on this issue. 

The issue was scheduled for Sep. release but is now listed as scheduled for Oct. release. 
Is it possible to get a more precise estimate of when we can expect this issue to be resolved? 
(sorry for being a bother but we have eager clients waiting to test our new Syncfusion system) 

Kind regards, Toke Wivelsted. 

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 17, 2019 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Toke, 

Thanks for your update. 

Fix is included in 17.3.0.17. Please refer below sample. 

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

TW Toke Wivelsted October 21, 2019 12:09 PM UTC

Thank you, both issues have been resolved.

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 22, 2019 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Toke, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are pleased that your problem has been resolved.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon