We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel Template Can''t Open b/c can''t parse Formula

Can''t open the attached Excel file as a template. It''s very simple ,and has only limited formulas...don''t know why it wouldn''t open. It would be nice if there were a specialized Exception objects in the Syncfusion ExcelRW library... so when it can''t parse a cell, it would tell us which cell it couldn''t parse. IrrigationMeterSummary_8643.zip

2 Replies

RC Robert Chapman July 7, 2006 11:32 AM UTC

I received this error as well. I changed my call to open the workbook to the line below IWorkbook book = app.Workbook.Open(fileName, ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParseCharts); and the error went away. >Can''t open the attached Excel file as a template. >It''s very simple ,and has only limited formulas...don''t know why it wouldn''t open. > >It would be nice if there were a specialized Exception objects in the Syncfusion ExcelRW library... so when it can''t parse a cell, it would tell us which cell it couldn''t parse. > > > > >IrrigationMeterSummary_8643.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2006 06:36 PM UTC

Hi Eric, Could you please let me know the version you are using in your project.However,I could not see the problem in our latest version 4.2.0.37.Also,please try to upgrade to our latest version 4.2.0.37 which has some features added.Please download this latest version through the following link. DownloadLink: http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v4.2.0.37/SyncfusionEssentialStudioSetup.exe Note: This version requires a separate key to install. Please contact sales if you have not received a key. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Bharath >Can''t open the attached Excel file as a template. >It''s very simple ,and has only limited formulas...don''t know why it wouldn''t open. > >It would be nice if there were a specialized Exception objects in the Syncfusion ExcelRW library... so when it can''t parse a cell, it would tell us which cell it couldn''t parse. > > > > >IrrigationMeterSummary_8643.zip > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon