We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with horizontal scrollbar in SfDataGrid

Good afternoon

Am I having trouble enabling and making a SfDataGrid scrollbar work? As I couldn't find it in the documentation and my Google searches, I started trying several things, such as:

ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility = "Visible"
ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollBarVisibility = "Auto"
ScrollViewer.IsDeferredScrollingEnabled = "True"
ScrollViewer.CanContentScroll = "True" SelectiveScrollingGrid.SelectiveScrollingOrientation = "Horizontal"

The scrollbar even appears, but is disabled. The data in the columns is large and is being cut. That's why I need the horizontal scroll. Only the vertical scrollbar works.

See in the picture.

Attachment: SfDataGrid_58beeecf.rar

3 Replies

SS Susmitha Sundar Syncfusion Team September 10, 2019 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Tech,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We have checked the reported issue “Horizontal scrollbar disable in SfDataGrid” and we are unable to replicate the issue from our end. We have prepared a sample for your reference.   

If the DataGrid size is greater than view size, scroll bar automatically appears. DataGrid does not need any properties to enable the scrollbars.   

Please check the above sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario which will be helpful for us to check and provide you with the solution.     

Regards,   
Susmitha S  

AB Adham Borhanzehi September 26, 2020 08:08 AM UTC

If you have frozen columns and the width of columns are more than view width you can't see the horizontal scroll bar. 

VS Vijayarasan Sivanandham Syncfusion Team September 28, 2020 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Adham Borhanzehi,

Thanks for update.

Yes. As you told in the previous update this is the expected behavior of the frozen columns in SfDataGrid. As the behavior of the frozen column is to freeze in view at the left side and restrict scrolling for those columns, if you resized the frozen column beyond the size of the view, the scrollbar will be hidden to avoid scrolling for the frozen column. 

Regards,
Vijayarasan S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon