We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfListView Multi-Level Grouping Sticky Header

Hello

In my SfListView I would like to group by 2 levels and have them both in the sticky header.
Currently only the first level is sticky, the second is not.
Is there any way to make the second level sticky as well?

For example:
A list of cars that has (among others) a brand and a color.
(In this example the brand is level 1 and the color is level 2)

BMW
     Blue
          PropertyX...
          PropertyY...
BMW
     Red
          PropertyX...
          PropertyY...
Suzuki
     Blue
          PropertyX...
          PropertyY...
Suzuki
     Red
          PropertyX...
          PropertyY...

Kind regards
Phil

3 Replies

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team September 10, 2019 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We have checked the reported query from our side. We would like to inform that when IsStickyGroupHeader is true, the content loaded inside the GroupHeaderTemplate will always remains sticky and pushable while scrolling. We have tested sample with sub-groups levels based on your requirement which works as expected. We have attached the sample for your reference, please find the sample from below. 

Can you please check with the above sample whether the reported issue reproduced in our sample also. If not please share the complete xaml template along with video in order to replicate the reported issue so that we could able to analyze and provide you better solution at our end. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

UN Unknown September 13, 2019 02:12 PM UTC

Thank you for the reply and the sample.

However, in this sample, the two levels are not sticky as well.
I used the UWP version of your sample (but the same happens on my iOS application).

In the attached screenshot "MultiLevelGroupingNotSticky_01" you can see that the "Production Superviser" is not sticking.
In the attached screenshot "MultiLevelGroupingNotSticky_02" you can see that the "Level - 3" is not sticking.
Only one of the two is sticky at a time.
(I achieved these effecty by simply scrolling down)

The way I understand it (or would like to implement it) is that every group descriptor property should be sticky, in the order they were added.
So in your sample, "Designation" then "Level" => "Production Superviser" then "Level - X".
However, only one of the two is sticking.
What I would like to achieve is that the two levels are always both sticky.
This means in your sample, when there is the list of employees, the property "Designation" and the property "Level" should always be visible.

Could you please verify this on your side?

Attachment: MultiLevelGroupingNotSticky_8e0f0253.zip

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team September 16, 2019 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Phil, 

We have checked the shared screenshot in your update from our side. We would like to inform that SfListView will stick only one groupheader whose group items are currently in view if all the items in particular group scrolls out of the view then respected group header also will move along. This is the actual behavior of scrolling behavior of group header in ListView. Therefore, we regret to inform you that your requirement cannot be achieved using SfListView. 

Please let us know if you have any further queries. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya Namasivayam 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon