We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Many deprecated or unmaintained dependencies present in libraries recommended in Syncfusion docs

Hi,

I am following the guidelines outlined in the Getting Started section for .NET Core Syncfusion apps. The page is here and I am specifically following the guidelines for 'ASP.NET Core 2.x Application Using Yeoman with Visual Studio Code', located here:

https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-core/gettingstarted/getting-started-2-x#aspnet-core-2x-application-using-yeoman-with-visual-studio-code

Many of the required packages involved in the following command are deprecated or unmaintained, and npm even suggests alternatives:

'
npm install -g yo generator-aspnet gulp bower'

I have taken a screenshot of my terminal after running the above command and attached it to this forum post. How do the Syncfusion support staff suggest to proceed? Will the documentation be updated with an updated method?

Thanks,

Alex

Attachment: SyncfusionYoDeprecatedDependencies_fa291ef0.zip

1 Reply

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 08:45 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Good day to you. 

We have validated your query and have checked your issue through  “*yo aspnet*” command by following the steps given in document and the output is same as we have mentioned in document. Please find the screenshot below 

We suspect that the packages may not be completely installed with the earlier commands. Please check whether any of the below blogs helps you to resolve the error. 

Please try the npm cache clear using npm cache clean –force command and the try again as per getting started document. 
Still reported issue is persists at your end, kindly share following details to get your issue and resolve it quickly, 
1.       npm version 
2.       node version 

Regards,  
Narayanasamy P.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon