We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Misc. functionalities in SfSchedule

Hello,

Can you pls guide me on how to implement following functionalities using SfSchedule : 

1. In month view, how I can remove the off days i.e. if person is not working on Friday n Saturday then I don't want these days to appear in monthly SfSchedule view. Currently, I used blockedoutdates in monthly view but it shows grayed out area in calendar instead of removing them from calendar altogether.
2. In my SfSchedule's calendar view (monthly view), I only want to show the slots which are available for appointment. User should not be able to configure any new appointment on any existing appointment. 

Thanks,

1 Reply

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team September 6, 2019 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Krunal, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: Regarding hiding weekend days in Schedule MonthView 
Currently, we don’t have support to hide weekend days in MonthView. For now, we can highlight the date (with color) or blackout the dates to enable or disable the touch interactions but we cannot hide weekend days. We have the option in WorkWeekView of schedule for hiding weekend days.   

We have already logged a feature request to Hide weekend days in MonthView. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts.  

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.  

Note: The provided feedback link is private, you need to login to view this feedback. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count. 

Query 2: Regarding restrict appointments to add on existing appointment 
Appointments can be restricted in sample level while adding new appointment check with already existing schedule appointments and add only if the time slot is free. Please refer the following code example for the same, 

[C#]      

private void Button_Clicked(object sender, EventArgs e) 
{ 
            ScheduleAppointment appointment = new ScheduleAppointment() 
            { 
                StartTime = new DateTime(2019, 09, 05, 10, 0, 0), 
                EndTime = new DateTime(2019, 09, 05, 12, 0, 0), 
                Subject = "Meeting", 
            }; 

var AppointmentAlreadyExist = (schedule.DataSource as ScheduleAppointmentCollection).Any(x => x.StartTime.Year == appointment.StartTime.Year 
            && x.StartTime.Month == appointment.StartTime.Month 
            && x.StartTime.Date == appointment.StartTime.Date && ((x.StartTime.Hour <= appointment.StartTime.Hour && x.EndTime.Hour >= appointment.StartTime.Hour) || (x.StartTime.Hour <= appointment.EndTime.Hour && x.EndTime.Hour >= appointment.EndTime.Hour))); 

if (!AppointmentAlreadyExist) 
                (schedule.DataSource as ScheduleAppointmentCollection).Add(appointment); 
        } 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement, please find the sample by the following link. 

Sample link: Schedule 

In the sample, as per your requirement we added a new appointment after checking it with existing appointments. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Karthik Raja A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon