We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag and drop with initial filter

Hello.

I have two grids with the same data source and different initial filter on each on them. The problem is when I use this initial filter I cannot use drag and drop feature. I can drag the row around but when I drop it, it just jumps to the original position.

Br. Marko

3 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have validated the provided details and checked with our end and its working fine at our sample. In the below sample, we have applied initial filter for both grids and perform drag and drop outside the Grid. 

Could you please share more or below details that will be more helpful for us to validate further at our end. 

• Did you tried to perform drag and drop within Grid?
  • Are you using local or remote data in Grid?
  • Share the code example and package version details
  • If possible reproduce the reported problem at our sample or share the video to demonstrate the problem.

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

MB Marko Bezjak September 5, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Hello. 

I was talking about drag and drop within the grid as well. I want to use the same dataSource for two grids and then just filter it and stil use drag and drop withing each of the girds since the filters will be static. I know i can create a work around with rowDrop target but i was just asking if its possible somehow to enable this by default.

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team September 6, 2019 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Thanks for sharing the details. 

As per our current architecture, Row drag and drop feature is not having built in support with sorting, filtering and grouping features of grid. While perform filtering then it shown the row data based on the filtered value but when we tried to perform row drag and drop after the grid action(filter) it affect(UI) the default functionality.  

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon