We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filtering as checkbox not working when search active

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble making the filters work when search is active on the grid.

I setup my grid like that
ngOnInit() {
this.filter = {type: 'CheckBox'/*, columns: [{field: 'State', matchCase: false, operator: 'equal', predicate: 'and', value: 'true'}]*/};
this.filterSettings = {
type: 'Menu',
columns: [{field: 'Active', matchCase: true, operator: 'equal', predicate: 'and', value: true}]
};
this.toolbar = ['Search'];

this.data = new DataManager({
     url: `${this.baseUrlApi}/api/crm/PersonnesView`,
     adaptor: this.oDataAdaptor
     });
}

So it got both search and filters. My html looks like this :

<ejs-grid #grid [allowFiltering]='true' [allowPaging]='true' [allowSelection]='false' [allowSorting]='true'
[dataSource]='data' [enableHover]='true' [filterSettings]='filterSettings' [pageSettings]='pageSettings'
[toolbar]='toolbar'>
<e-columns>
<e-column field="IdIndividu" headerText="Id"></e-column>
<e-column field="Nom" headerText="Nom"></e-column>
<e-column field="Prenom" headerText="Prénom"></e-column>
<e-column [filter]='filter' field="Active" headerText="Actif"></e-column>
<e-column [filter]='filter' field="Etat" headerText="Etat"></e-column>

</e-columns>
</ejs-grid>
Somehow with that code, when i'm filtering as i have no search i see checkboxes for my field active set to "true" and "false". When i've done a search, nothing is displayed even if the result of the request done when i clicked on the filters is exactly the same.

On the server side there is a classic OData v4 developped in ASP .NetCore

Attached are the results of the filter window with or without search

Thanks for the help

Attachment: Pictures_9fe4f37c.7z

2 Replies

MS Manivel Sellamuthu Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 04:19 PM UTC

Hi Robin, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. We have logged a bug report for the reported issue as “CheckBox Filter is not showing results while typing the search box for boolean column”. Thank you for taking  time to report this issue and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our upcoming Sep 18, 2019 Patch Release. 

Until then we appreciate your patience. 

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Note: Above feedback link is under review, once approved it will be visible. 

Regards, 
Manivel 

MS Manivel Sellamuthu Syncfusion Team October 4, 2019 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Robin, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 3, 2019 release (v17.3.0.14) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. In that release we have included the fix for “CheckBox Filter is not showing results while typing the search box for boolean column”. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Manivel 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon