We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom order for dropdown inside Grid

Good morning gentlemen,

I'm trying to put a dropdownlist inside a Grid (which is easy to do), the thing is that in this dropdown I need to put the elements in a specific order different than the alphabetical, can you help me please with this one?

The column for the dropdown is "Parentezco", and "Orden" is a field of the table that I'm trying to use to order the ViewBag content

In advance, thanks!

/////////MY GRID IN THE VIEW/////////////////////

<ejs-grid id="DetalleFormatoAltaGmmVidaApGrid" dataBound="dataBound" locale="es-MX" query="new ej.data.Query().addParams('FormatoID', '@Model.FormatoID')" toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "Cancel", "Update", "Add", "Delete" })">
        <e-data-manager id="dataManager" adaptor="UrlAdaptor" url="/Sistema/Formatos/DetalleFormatoAltaGmmVidaApGrid_Read/" crudUrl="/Sistema/Formatos/BeneficiariosAccidentesPersonalesGrupalGrid_CRUD" requestType="Post"></e-data-manager>
        <e-grid-editSettings allowDeleting="true" allowEditing="true" allowAdding="true" mode="Normal" showDeleteConfirmDialog="true"></e-grid-editSettings>
        <e-grid-columns>
            <e-grid-column field="DetalleID" isPrimaryKey="true" isIdentity="true" visible="false"></e-grid-column>

<e-grid-column field="Parentezco" headerText="Parentezco" foreignKeyField="TipoParentezco" foreignKeyValue="Descripcion" dataSource="@ViewBag.TiposParentezco"></e-grid-column>

</e-grid-columns>
    </ejs-grid>

///////////////////CONTROLLER SIDE///////////////////

ViewBag.TiposParentezco = _context.TiposParentezco.OrderBy(p => p.Orden).ToList();

1 Reply

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Javier, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

For this scenario, you can use our sortOrder property of DropdownList component to achieve it. Could you please check the below code block and sample? 

<ejs-grid id="Grid" dataSource="@ViewBag.datasource" height="315" allowPaging="true" toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "Add", "Edit", "Delete", "Update", "Cancel" })"> 
    <e-grid-editSettings allowAdding="true" allowDeleting="true" allowEditing="true"></e-grid-editSettings> 
    <e-grid-columns> 
        <e-grid-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" isPrimaryKey="true" textAlign="Right" width="100"></e-grid-column> 
        <e-grid-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer ID" edit="@(new {create = "create", read = "read", destroy = "destroy", write = "write"})" type="string" width="120"></e-grid-column> 

<e-grid-column field="Freight" headerText="Freight" textAlign="Right" format="C2" editType="numericedit" width="120"></e-grid-column> 
        <e-grid-column field="ShipCountry" headerText="Ship Country" width="150"></e-grid-column> 
    </e-grid-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

<script> 
    var elem; 
    var drpObj; 
    function create(args) { 
        elem = document.createElement('input'); 
        return elem; 
    } 

function write(args) { 
        var grid = document.getElementById('Grid')["ej2_instances"][0]; 
        var data = grid.dataSource; 
        drpObj = new ej.dropdowns.DropDownList({ 
            value: args.rowData[args.column.field], 
            dataSource: data, 
            fields: { text: 'CustomerID', value: 'CustomerID' }, 
            sortOrder: 'None' 
        }); 
        drpObj.appendTo(elem); 
    } 

function destroy() { 
        drpObj.destroy(); 
    } 

function read(args) { 
        return drpObj.value; 
    } 
</script> 

Please check the sample and get back to us, if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon