We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Reportwriter PDF 0 bytes when report generated with chart.

Hello,

I have a simple local RDL report, one version with chart, other version without chart. The one with the chart is 0 bytes when generated.

The relevant C# script part is:

//write report
ReportWriter reportWriter = new ReportWriter(reportPath);
reportWriter.ReportProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote;

//write report to stream
var format = WriterFormat.PDF;
MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
reportWriter.Save(ms, format);
byte[] bytes = ms.ToArray();

I think that I am missing some assembly or so?

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 2, 2019 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Heiko, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Could you please share your application to reproduce the reported issue at our end? Meanwhile the problem may raise due to threading, when you try to export a UI element using WPF console application, if you make the call from the main thread, you must add the STAThread attribute to the Main method. Please refer the below MSDN forum for more details regarding UI thread. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon