We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Free Hand Drawing on Web Products

I have a need to support free hand drawing on web projects and it looks like the Image Editor and Diagram are your solutions to the problem. Diagram has a smoothing effect and it is not quite what I am looking for unless it can be turned off. Image Editor looks like it might work but its not available on your web products.

Are there any plans to bring the Image Editor control from your Xamarin Forms product to the web suites, such as Blazor?
Can the smoothing effect in the Diagram control be turned off?
Or is there a better solution to this problem?

7 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Scott, 

Query 
Response 
Are there any plans to bring the Image Editor control from your Xamarin Forms product to the web suites, such as Blazor? 
Currently we don’t have ImageEditor control in EJ2. We have logged “ImageEditor control in Syncfusion EJ2” as a feature. We will implement this control in any one of our upcoming releases. 

You can track the feature status from the below link 

Can the smoothing effect in the Diagram control be turned off? 
Could you please explain to us what you mean by the smoothing effect in the diagram control? Also, explain your requirement with screenshot which will help us to investigate further and provide a better solution. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

SK Scott Kuhl August 28, 2019 09:25 PM UTC

This is what I mean by a smoothing effect.  The natural drawing has imperfections and then when the mouse stops it removes those to try and make them look better.  I was wondering if there was a setting that applied no change to the original drawing.

SK Scott Kuhl August 28, 2019 09:28 PM UTC

What I am looking for in addition to drawing on images is something similar to the Ink controls in UWP.

That is probably a separate feature request but would make a great addition to you web control suites.

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team August 29, 2019 06:01 AM UTC

Hi Scott, 

Query 
Response 
This is what I mean by a smoothing effect.  The natural drawing has imperfections and then when the mouse stops it removes those to try and make them look better.  I was wondering if there was a setting that applied no change to the original drawing. 
Currently we don’t have free hand drawing support in our diagram control. We have logged “Free-hand Drawing support in Diagram control” as a feature. We will implement this feature in any one of our upcoming releases.  

What I am looking for in addition to drawing on images is something similar to the Ink controls in UWP. 

That is probably a separate feature request but would make a great addition to you web control suites. 
Currently we don’t have support to recognize windows ink pen to draw images and annotations in our diagram control. We have logged “Support to draw images and annotations in diagram with windows ink pen” as a feature. We will implement this feature in any one of our upcoming releases.  

Regards, 
Shyam G

KR Keerthivasan Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team June 22, 2023 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Scott ,

We are happy to inform you that we have successfully implemented the " Free-hand Drawing support in Diagram control" feature, which has been included in our Essential Studio 2023 Volume 2 Main Release v22.1.34 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

Essential Studio 2023 Volume 2 Main Release v22.1.34 is available for download | Announcements Forums | Syncfusion.

Please refer our below UG documentation for more details about the feature,

https://blazor.syncfusion.com/documentation/diagram/tools#freehand-drawing

Regards,

Keerthivasan R.

SK Scott Kuhl June 22, 2023 02:50 PM UTC

Thanks!

PR Preethi Rajakandham Syncfusion Team June 23, 2023 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Scott,

You're welcome. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help.

Regards,

Preethi R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon