We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I disable PinchToZoom?

Hi,
Is there a way to disable PinchToZoom when seeing PDF document inside a web page on the Android device? I still need to be able to use "fitToWidth" and "fitToPage" functions.

3 Replies

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Benny, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

At present, we do not have support for disabling pinch zoom feature in the EJ1 PDF Viewer control. However, we have provided the support for the same in EJ2 PDF Viewer control. Please follow the below link for the online sample of the EJ2 PDF Viewer control. 

We can disable the pinch zoom feature by setting enablePinchZoom property of EJ2 PDF Viewer to false. Please follow the below API documentation for more details about enablePinchZoom property. 

You can use Syncfusion EJ2 controls in the ASP.NET Webforms applications. Please find the below documentation link for more details. 

Can you please consider to migrate to EJ2 PDF Viewer control? Please let us know if you still need solution for the reported query in EJ1 PDF Viewer control. 

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

BA Benny Alima August 31, 2019 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Sabari,
Thank you for your reply. I do have a couple of questions regarding usage of EJ2 in Web Forms:

1. We have a licence for ASP.NET Web Forms. Is this licence usable with EJ2 controls?

2. I see that there is no EJ2 package that is addressing Web Forms on the server side.
We need to create a service that is loading/saving PDFs from the Oracle database. Previously, we were using ajax call to the service returning base64 string as follows:
'return "data:application/pdf;base64," + Convert.ToBase64String(byteArray)', where byteArray is "raw" pdf data retrieved from the Oracle blob.
The only EJ2 example I found online references AspNet.Core, and it seems that the calling and returning data formats are different then in EJ1.

Can you please clarify how can we use EJ2 with our existing licence, and how can we properly call the web service?
Thanks ad best regards.

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 07:02 AM UTC

Hi Benny, 

Please find the details from the below, 

Query 
Details 
We have a licence for ASP.NET Web Forms. Is this licence usable with EJ2 controls 
Our sales team will contact you regarding this shortly. You can contact salessupport@syncfusion.com for immediate assistance. 

I see that there is no EJ2 package that is addressing Web Forms on the server side. 
We need to create a service that is loading/saving PDFs from the Oracle database. Previously, we were using ajax call to the service returning base64 string as follows: 
'return "data:application/pdf;base64," + Convert.ToBase64String(byteArray)', where byteArray is "raw" pdf data retrieved from the Oracle blob. 
The only EJ2 example I found online references AspNet.Core, and it seems that the calling and returning data formats are different then in EJ1. 

Our PDF Viewer has server side dependency. Please find the below links to create web service project in ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET MVC platforms.  

We have created simple PDF Viewer sample and shared the same in the following location, 

Note: Kindly run the Web service sample first then provide that url to the serviceUrl property of the PDF Viewer. 

Please find the below to link to load the PDF document as base64 string in PDF Viewer 

Please find the below link for Migrating from EJ1 PdfViewer to EJ2 PdfViewer, 

Please try this and revert us with more details if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon