We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager AutoHidden TabStyle

Can the style of the tabs used by controls managed by the docking manager be changed when they are unpinned and autohidden. That is, when they are off to the side where they expand in response to a mouseover? I would like to display them full size. When they are autohidden, a control''s tab that is behind the visible tab, shows just two characters of text until you mouse over it. I would prefer to show all the text for each tab. The tab text is fully displayed when each control is separated and individually hidden, but not when they are tabbed together and then hidden. --Kenton Thanks, Kenton

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2004 06:52 PM UTC

Hi Kenton, I am afraid, it is not possible to do so in the present architecture of our docking windows. The docking windows framework is closely modelled on the VS.Net''s docking windows framework, and this is how the VS.Net''s docking windows behaves too in this scenario (i.e., the text on the tabs of a autohidden tabbed group is not visible completely). Hence we have maintained similar behavior for consistency purposes. We appreciate your cooperation, and understanding on this issue. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KH Kenton Hensley June 4, 2004 11:04 AM UTC

Thank-you for the reply and for the explanation of the reason for the limitation. As I watch my users and my own interactions with the control, I just realize that the mouse-over action is a bit sudden and confusing and not always what you are expecting when the tabs are so close together. The wrong control is always flying out. This is especially true when they are docked left and right. In this case, you genearly are moving the mouse up and down over the tabs and the controls are whizzing in and out as you do so, which is quite distracting. One thing I would like to try to try is replacing the mouse-over activated fly-out of a hidden tabe with an on-click, especially when the tabs are docked on the left or the right. Bottom line, users like the concept and the effect and extra space for important stuff, but some implementation tweaks might improve usability. No reason not to improve on Microsoft is there?! :) Thanks to the Syncfusion Team --Kenton

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon