We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Formatting dates inside report server web designer

Dear Forum, 

I am currently working on a report using the online report designer. The current report requires some dates (taken from a data source) to be displayed in the European/German format , i.e 31.10.2019 instead of 10/31/2019. However, the overall system is set up as us-en. The overall server language settings should not be changed. 
As for the current issue, I already tried using a formula along the lines of FormatDateTime([field1], DateFormat("dd.MM.yyyy") ), however this approach was not successful. 
I was wondering if there was a way to change the format using some kind of date string format on the respective field such as "dd.MM.yyyy". Please note that access is limited to just the web report designer and the data source. 

Could somebody provide me with a formula or some other solution?

Thanks a mil in advance for any hints.

Kind regards 

CR

5 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

You can achieve your requirement using the below expression. 

=FORMAT(Fields!FieldName.Value,"dd.MM.yyyy") 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CR CR August 27, 2019 02:23 PM UTC

Dear Vinoth

Thanks a mil for your prompt reply and for your help. Your suggestion did indeed resolve the issue. 
Thanks again for helping me out. 

Kind regards
CR

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

ZH Zsofia Hornyeki replied to Vinoth Srinivasan May 4, 2023 09:08 AM UTC

Hello,

I tried to apply the format expression you shared, but it looks like my we designer ignores it, however saving the expression was successful. Displayed values in designer:

Used format:

Could you help with it? 

Thank you

AM Arumugasami Murugesan Syncfusion Team May 8, 2023 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Zsofia Hornyeki,

Thanks for contacting Bold Report support.

We have created a ticket for your query. Please check the ticket from the below site and follow further.

https://support.boldreports.com/support/tickets

Regards,

Arumugasami M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon