We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to connect to the remote ftp server

I'm trying to connect to a remote FTP server using the file explorer control. I used the demo WebAPI provided on the how to page. But I keep getting an error message in the form of:

System.Net.WebException, Unable to connect to the remote server

I would like some assistance with this.

3 Replies

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Prince, 

Good day to you. 

We have checked your reported problem at our end. The reported problem may be occurring on not properly specify the path for FTP server. Could you please ensure whether you have properly specified the path & ajaxAction property for File Explorer? 

<script type="text/javascript"> 
    $(function () { 
        $("#fileExplorer").ejFileExplorer({ 
            //Path of the folder that you want to view in FileExplorer. 
            path: "ftp://193.162.51.33/", 
            //Path of file handling operation method 
            ajaxAction: "http://localhost:51460/FileExplorer/FileOperation/doJSONAction" 
        }); 
    }) 
</script> 

Also, could you please ensure whether the FTP server is logged in with proper credentials? 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

PR Prince September 5, 2019 12:05 AM UTC

Hi Ashokkumar.
I checked the path and the ajaxAction property and everything is in order. I tried accessing the FTP server from my regular client (FileZilla) and it works. I have full read and write access but this is what I get when I try to use the file explorer control:

This is the script for the control:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function () {
$("#fileExplorer").ejFileExplorer({
width: "100%",
//Path of the folder that you want to view in FileExplorer.
path: "ftp://192.168.43.246:2121/",
//Path of file handling operation method
ajaxAction: "http://localhost:51460/FileExplorer/FileOperation/doJSONAction",
// resize
enableResize: true,
// responsiveness
isResponsive: true

});
});

</script>

I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks, Prince.

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Prince, 

Good day to you. 

Based on the provided error screenshot, we suspect that the ftp path provided may have sub folders which has required files. If not share us the screenshot on the content which is present in the provided FTP path. We have also checked this issue generally and kindly try out the below suggestions which may help you to resolve the issue. 

Check the above details and get back to us with requested information to proceed further on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon