We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

All-day (whole day) events wrapping

Hello.

I would like to wrap whole day events so that all the text is shown in the event card.
Example: 
now it looks like this:

I want it to look like this: 

But with nicer styling ofc.

I would kindly ask you for an example.

Best regards. Marko

3 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 08:25 AM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Syncfusion greetings. 

It is the default behavior of all day event. We recommend to use tooltip option where we can display the whole subject value along with ‘n’ number fields. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

MB Marko Bezjak August 27, 2019 08:55 AM UTC

Hello.

Yes we already considered using tooltip but we decided not to because it is not user friendly if you have to mouse over for every whole day activity (and there can be many). Can you possibly create some sort of workaround for my example? I would be really grateful if so.

Thank you in advance.

Marko

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Marko 

Thank you for contacting syncfusion.  

As per your requirement, we had prepared the sample which is available in below link:  

The customization can be achieved in CSS level at sample end. For your reference, kindly refer the below code block. 

.e-all-day-row{ 
  height:180px!important; 
} 
.e-left-indent .e-left-indent-wrap tbody tr:last-child{ 

} 
.e-all-day-appointment{ 
} 
.e-all-day-appointment .e-appointment-details{ 
  white-space: normal; 
} 
.e-all-day-appointment .e-appointment-details .e-subject{ 
  word-break: break-all; 
  overflow: unset!important; 
  text-overflow: unset!important; 
} 

There is some limitations in this customization. If the appointment height is set as auto, the title of the appointment should be displayed fully, but the dimension of each appointment should get vary and appointment render calculations should suffers to render all events. 

Kindly check the above code with provided sample and revert us, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards,   
Sathya. N 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon