We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

React Report viewer with Azure authentication

Hi,

I previously got azure authentication working with reports via the embedded iFrame option.  However due to various limitations around this I'm exploring using the react report viewer to render my report (following https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/10681/how-to-import-the-reportviewer-component-in-react-application) and passing through my azure auth in a single sign on fashion(I want to use the same authentication as the app I've embedded the report viewer control in).  Is this supported?  Are you able to point me to some documentation or an example on how to achieve this? 

Thanks

6 Replies

HH Hayden Harrison August 23, 2019 04:30 AM UTC

Another thing I should mention is I'm hosting the report server as an Azure web app

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 23, 2019 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Hayden, 

We can able to view the server report in Standalone ReportViewer using IntermediateService application. We have prepared an Intermediate sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

HH Hayden Harrison August 23, 2019 10:28 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for the sample.  Are you able to advise whether this is possible to achieve using Azure single sign on?  My scenario is a user in my app is authenticated with azure and I want that authentication to flow through to the report like I can do with an embedded iframe.  The example provided seems to just use a username and password.  Is there any documentation on this or a specific example of achieving this with azure authentication?  

Cheers, 
Hayden

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Hayden, 

You can pass your single sign-on authentication token as bearer for your requirement with our ReportViewer. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

HH Hayden Harrison August 27, 2019 10:29 PM UTC

Hi,

I've been attempting to make this work with no luck.  My code looks like:

<EJ.ReportViewer
reportServiceUrl='https://MyReportServerUrl/ReportService/api/Viewer'
serviceAuthorizationToken={token}
reportPath="/path to my report"
>
</EJ.ReportViewer>

When I use postman to get the token for my report server admin user using the url "MyReportServerUrl/api/token" and then pass that in to the report viewer as my bearer token it works. However if I use postman to get a token for the report server app registration in azure and then pass that in as my bearer token I get an error from the PostReportAction network call saying
"Ensure the valid report path is specified in the ReportPath property or make sure that the specified report exists and is accessible in the provided location."
So I'm assuming it failed to authenticate? Am I correct in thinking I don't need an intermediate service with this approach? Any advice on what I could be doing wrong or links to a sample?

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 29, 2019 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Hayden, 

We have created a support incident to follow up this issue under your account and we request you to login into our Direct Trac support system for further updates on this issue. Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link: 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon