We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

stacked column charts (points stacked one over another)

I am writing a new application for creating a new type of stacked column charts. In this  chart the points of a series are put just one over the other (on the Y Axis itself - as a series of say rectangular objects). For example pl take the Stacked Column Chart as shown in the Examples of  your "Chart Sample pages". I have just attached a screen short of the example with this question. The chart shows the performance of a Three teams - Team1, Team2, Team3 - over a few days. In the chart the x axis forms the days and the Y axis forms the performance. 

Now what I want to draw is just a Stacked Column Chart for just the Three Teams. Here the chart will have just Three Stacked column each for Team1, Team2 and Team3. The Performance of Each Team will be given per column  chart. Of course this means that I do not want the "per day" performance but "Per Team" performance. This means the performance data per team will be shown one above the other in the Y Axis itself.

I think this is  a new type of chart - not covered by any charting programs so far, well to my knowledge. Of course this chart can be drawing by a bit of "re-arranging" the data points of the chart but this is additional code which is not needed. 

These charts are called "Yamazumi Charts" and are traditionally used for a work called "Line Balancing" of operations in a manufacturing line. I would like your to give me a solution which just creates the stacks without any "data re-ordering" - if possible. I am sure with the SyncFusion chart features - this should be possible. 

I would like to Bind the chart to data by suitable data source. I request you to give me a solutions as early as possible. 

Thanks & With Best Regards

Renga Iyengar
Chennai - 600 078

Attachment: stacked_column_as_per_teams__required_one_chart_per_team_f57def3d.zip

3 Replies

BP Baby Palanidurai Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Renganathan, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have analyzed your query. As of now, we don’t have support to group the stacking column based on the index without re-arranging the data points. But we have considered this and logged a feature. It can be tracked through our feedback portal below.  

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features of every release based on the demands.  
If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal.  

Regards, 
Baby. 

RS Renganathan S R August 22, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

How to cast a vote ? Just too new to whole show.. pl help to cast a vote.  Also kindly note, you need to create a new chart type by name yamazumi and create this chart. I feel in the world - to the best of my knowledge in this field for the last ten years,  there is no vendor who is doing this.. including Excel. But yamazumi chart is the bread and butter of lean manufacturing. You will be known for this work,.

BP Baby Palanidurai Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Renganathan, 

Thanks for your update. 

You can cast your vote by upvoting the feedback mentioned in the below link. 

And thanks for defining the requirement with further details. Yes, we have understood your requirement and we will implement this as a separate chart type named ‘yamazumi’. As stated in our previous update, we will implement this based on the priority and votes of other open features. We will update in the feedback, once it is implemented. 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns. 

Thanks, 
Baby. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon