We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Localization of DocumentEditor and toolbar (DocumentEditorContainer)

Good day sirs,

I'm having problems trying to localize the DocumentEditor component using plain JavaScript.

I have loaded in the test page ej2.min.js and material.css.

In order to create the editor and its container I use the following code inside a function (a class really):

this._wordDocEditorContainer = new ej.documenteditor.DocumentEditorContainer();
        this._wordDocEditorContainer.appendTo('#wordEditor');
        ej.documenteditor.DocumentEditorContainer.Inject(ej.documenteditor.Toolbar);

Then, I open a test document: 
     this._wordDocEditorContainer.documentEditor.open(JSON.stringify(this._getTestDoc()));

This works ok, so I'm doing things right, up to here at least.

The problem is that I cannot find an example of how to set up localization for these components. I tried setting the .locale property of both DocumentEditor, and DocumentEditorContainer to "es" (for spanish) but not only the UI texts don't change, also the context menu wrecks and all sorts of js errors appear in the browser's console.

What is the correct way to localize these components?
Thank you in advance
Alex

3 Replies

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2019 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for contacting the Syncfusion support. 

To use spanish locale, DocumentEditor have localization support. You have predefined the text value for your language. Based on the given locale, Text in document editor will get change.    

Please check below sample code,  we added locale for New text:   

ej.base.L10n.load({ 
'es': { 
'documenteditorcontainer': { 
'New': 'nueva', 
'Open': 'abierta', 
'Image': 'imagen' 
}); 
//Documenteditor control rendering starts 

var container = new ej.documenteditor.DocumentEditorContainer({ 
enableToolbar: true,locale: "es" 
}); 
ej.documenteditor.DocumentEditorContainer.Inject(ej.documenteditor.Toolbar); 

You can give the locale in JSON structure. Please refer this link:  https://github.com/syncfusion/ej2-locale/blob/master/src/de.json   

We have attached the list of locale text in DocumentEditor. You can give the value in spanish language and use it in DocumentEditor.   

For further reference check below documentation link, we have changed locale to 'ar-AE'.    

Regards, 

Suriya M. 

AL Alejandro August 21, 2019 05:25 PM UTC

Hello Suriya,

With your help I could localize the DocumentEditor and the container to spanish.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Alex

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

We are glad to know that the issue is resolved.  

Regards, 

Suriya M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon