We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting in DataGrid does not work

Using FAQ 5.21 (How can I have a column of icons in my datagrid?) I developed a form with a datagrid in it. AllowSorting is set to TRUE but there is no sorting, though an arrow in the header looks like there is. Any ideas that might help?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2002 10:33 PM UTC

If your datagrid is bound to an arraylist then you will have to custom sort your item. If the datagrid is bound to a datatable then sorting is done automatically. > Using FAQ 5.21 (How can I have a column of icons in my datagrid?) I developed a form with a datagrid in it. AllowSorting is set to TRUE but there is no sorting, though an arrow in the header looks like there is. Any ideas that might help?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2003 08:52 PM UTC

if you mean paging - turn off custom paging - then arrows for paging will become links > If your datagrid is bound to an arraylist then you will have to custom sort your item. If the datagrid is bound to a datatable then sorting is done automatically. > > > Using FAQ 5.21 (How can I have a column of icons in my datagrid?) I developed a form with a datagrid in it. AllowSorting is set to TRUE but there is no sorting, though an arrow in the header looks like there is. Any ideas that might help?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon