We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dropdown on grid

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible that when using a drop down on a grid that the value to be set after leaving the edit mode is the text but that internally has the value. Today it happens to me that when I stop editing the grid and field it shows me it is the value.
regards

3 Replies

TS Thiyagu Subramani Syncfusion Team August 19, 2019 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

The reported query "DROPDOWN ON GRID" was evaluated and could not be reproduced at our end. 

So kindly give the information below to reproduce the problem at our end. 
1.      Do you use custom data source to bind dropdown fields? 
2.      Do you use the template for columns? 
3.      If the earlier version of it works, do you mention the version number? 
 After that, we'll offer the appropriate answer for that. 

For more information on the related query, please check the sample link and get back to us, if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Thiyagu S. 

AS Alex Siler August 19, 2019 12:49 PM UTC

And it is possible that the ID column is saved in the row but never shown to the end user. Neither in Display nor in Edit.
Regards

TS Thiyagu Subramani Syncfusion Team August 20, 2019 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Alex,  

Thanks for your update.  

To meet your requirement, we suggest using the "Foreign Key Column".  We used foreignkeyfield and foreignkeyvalue in the required columns.  

We have modified the sample in the following link.  

To know more about Foreign Key Column, please refer the below documentation link.  

Please check the sample/documentation link and get back to us, if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 

Thiyagu S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon