We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding OnKeyUp event to Search on Grid

Hello,

Using the toolbar functionality for the grid object, I have added search functionality to my grid. Right now, the search only works after the user has input a query and either hit the "enter" key or clicked the search icon next to the input box. I would like to make it so that the search query is run automatically and rows in the grid are hidden/revealed based on user input as the user is typing. Is there built-in functionality for this in Syncfusion already? Barring that, I have a JavaScript function that does what I need it to using an OnKeyUp event that would be referenced in the input. Is there a way to add that OnKeyUp flag to the input tag generated by the Syncfusion grid (ex: <input class="e-ejinputtext e-gridsearchbar" id="FlatGrid_searchbar"  onkeyup="mySearch()" type="text">)?

1 Reply

DR Dhivya Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 9, 2019 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Grant, 
Thanks for contacting Syncufsion support. 

Query:  Is there a way to add that OnKeyUp flag to the input tag generated by the Syncfusion grid 

We have analyzed your requirement and by default, we don’t have any build in functionality for this. However, you can achieve your requirement by using the below way. In the below code example, we have bind the keyUp event for search input element in created event and based on the search value we have performed the search operation in Grid by using the search method. 

Kindly refer to the below code example and documentation for more information. 

<div> 
    @Html.EJS().Grid("Grid").DataSource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.dataSource).Columns(col => 
{ 
    col.Field("OrderID").HeaderText("Order ID").IsPrimaryKey(true).Width("120").Add(); 
    col.Field("CustomerID").HeaderText("Customer Name").Width("150").Add(); 
}).AllowPaging().Toolbar(new List<string>() { "Search" }).Created("search").Render() 

</div> 

<script> 
    function search() { 
        // Grid - > id of the Grid component you can set based on you requirement  
        document.getElementById("Grid_searchbar").addEventListener('keyup', function (event) { 
            var value = event.target.value; 
            gridObj = document.getElementById('Grid').ej2_instances[0]; 
            gridObj.search(value) 
        }) 
    } 
</script> 

Help documentation : 

Regards,
R.Dhivya  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon