We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expander distorts when screen or grid column containing expander is resized

I am using an SFExpander on a UWP app, but will also have iOS/Android versions. Therefore it is quite possible for the user to resize the UWP window, and I also want to be able to animate the width of the Expander's parent column.

If I resize the screen, the content of the Expander stretches horizontally and is no longer fully visible. This also happens if I resize the Grid column the Expander is a child of.

The only way to restore the correct width of the Expander's content is to physically or programatically hide and re-show the Expander. If I do it programatically I have to leave a fairly large delay (500-750ms) otherwise the stretched content remains, and this delay between hiding and re-showing doesn't look good. Manual hide/show is instant but the user shouldn't have to do that.

I am already using .ForceLayout  to try and help things along.

XF version is 3.4.0.1008975 - I would rather not have to upgrade at this point as I have tried previously and had major issues with Android library dependencies etc, so a workaround would be great if possible.

1 Reply

SR Sangeetha Raju Syncfusion Team August 8, 2019 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

We have checked the reported query “Expander doesn't resize properly when resizing the screen in UWP” from our side. We would like to let you know that we could able to reproduce the reported issue. We have confirmed that reported issue is a defect and logged a defect report for the reported bug. The reported issue fix will be available in upcoming Weekly Nuget Release which will be scheduled to rolled out on August 27, 2019. We will appreciate your patience until then.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards,
Sangeetha Raju.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon