We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Provide error feedback with grid (WebAPI)

Hello, I have a grid using WebApi, all is working well, Pls can I have an example on how to display visual feedback for success/failure to the end user, I've tried return Json(Ok) etc..,  but nothing displays. Thank you

1 Reply

BS Balaji Sekar Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Yoab, 

Greetings from the Syncfusion support, 

As per your concern, we suggest you to use the actionComplete(it is triggered when succeeded the Grid action like paging, filtering,.. ) and actionFailure(It is fired when the Grid getting error) events of EJ2 Grid,  you can achieve your requirement using both events in the EJ2 Grid in ASP .Net Core platform and we have already discussed about those events in our Help Documentation. Please refer the below code example, Help documentation for more information. 

div> 
    <ejs-grid id="Grid"  actionComplete="actionComplete"  actionFailure="actionFailure" dataSource="ViewBag.DataSource" allowPaging="true"> 
               <e-grid-columns> 
            . . . . . 
       </e-grid-columns> 
    </ejs-grid> 
</div> 

<script> 
    function actionComplete(args) { 
        if (args.requestType === refresh) { 
            // You code here while grid action is success to complete  
        } 
    } 
    function actionFailure(args) { 
        // You code here while Grid getting error 
    } 

</script> 

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/documentation/api/grid/#actioncomplete 

Please get back to us, if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Balaji Sekar. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon