We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sfschedule object's setting become null after navigate to other pages under Master Detail or Shell

Hi,

Good day. I am experiencing problem where the view settings like sfschedule.TimelineViewSettings, sfschedule.DayViewSettings and  sfschedule.WeekViewSettings all become null after navigated to other pages and back to the page that host sfschedule under Master-Detail or new 4.0 Shell layout. However, sfschedule.DataSource still able to keep the existing binding data.

If under Resource View, similar issue happen where sfschedule.SelectedResources become null however sfschedule.ScheduleResources still keeping existing binding data. I cannot figure out under what circumstances these properties were reset to null, as switching back to the page that hosting sfschedule does not call page constructor that contains InitializeComponent(), so I expect the values and settings inside sfschedule shall be still keep intact.

Just to check any measurement to ensure the initially assign setting values assign to those view setting (like TimelineViewSettings, DayViewSettings  etc) still remain after navigate back to the page? Or it is a known and common issue that I have to reassign the setting values in OnAppearing() method every time I navigate back to the page that host sfschedule?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Gavin

22 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, currently we are analyzing the issue “Schedule objects become null when navigating to the other page”. We will validate and let you know the details on or before August 6, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

RE Rekaware August 3, 2019 03:32 PM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V,

Noted and thank you.

Regards,
Gavin

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 5, 2019 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Gavin,  

Thank you for the update.

As mentioned, we will update the details by August 6, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We can able replicate the issue “Schedule objects become null when navigating to other page” from our end. We are checking on this in our source level, we need some more time to work on this probably two business days. We will update you the details on or before August 8, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 8, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Gavin,                  

We confirmed the mentioned issue “Schedule objects become null when navigating to another page” and logged the bug report the for the same. We will fix and include the issue fix in our upcoming Volume 2 SP1 release, which is expected to roll out on end of August 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

You can track the status of the report through the following feedback link, 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

RE Rekaware August 8, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V,

Noted, thank you.

Regards,
Gavin

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 8, 2019 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Gavin,                   

We will fix and let you know once the Volume 2 SP1 release has been rolled. We appreciate your patience until then.   

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Gavin,                    

We have fixed the reported issue “Schedule objects become null when navigating to another page” and included the issue fix in our latest Weekly NuGet release update version 17.2.0.47 which is available for download (nuget.org).

Note: This issue fix not included in our Volume 2 SP 1 release (17.2.0.46). 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V    

RE Rekaware August 29, 2019 02:57 AM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V,

Thank you for the update. While waiting for the fix, I already switched to use TabbedPage instead of new Shell 4.0 which does not have the mentioned issue. I will test and let you know once again if there is any issue after I switch back to Shell 4.0 or Master-Detail later.

In addition, I also found another issue which may or may not related to this. For the new sfShedule resource view by custom mapping to a custom resources, if I bind the DataSource, ScheduleResources and ScheduleResources second time onward (mean I assign these three properties more than 1 time using same data), the selection of the resource (mean toggle on or off for the resource view in UI) failed to work anymore (the appointments appearance in the schedule do not response to the toggling of the resource selection).
If it is a known issue, I may just move on and wait for your future fix.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gavin

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 29, 2019 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

Reg 1: Schedule objects become null when navigating to another page 
We will wait to hear from you. 

Reg 2: Custom resource mapping issue 
Based on the provided information, we have checked the mentioned issue “When mapping the custom resource to the Schedule Resource view” not working as expected. We have tested the same with custom resource and custom appointments mapped both in XAML page and Schedule Resource view behavior working fine as expected. 

We have attached the tessted sample for your reference, 

Sample link: ResourceView 

If the sample doesn’t your requirement, kindly modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with clear replication procedure and also elaborate your use case for mapping schedule resource more than once, it will be helpful for us to give you a better solution. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V 

RE Rekaware September 4, 2019 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V,

Sorry for late reply as I were on vacation few days back and also encountered issue where android emulator fail to work with Windows 10 update 1903 :(

For the Custom resource mapping issue, I tried to modify your attached project to imitate the project I am working on, as the page I use sfschedule I do not use MVVM pattern (no viewmodel).

I did the binding of the DataSource, ScheduleResources and SelectedResources using c# code inside OnAppearing() method of the SchedulerPage.xaml.cs, so the data get reloaded and refreshed to the schedule every time the page re-appear (maybe not efficient but just to test the code).

Method to reproduce the issue
Please note when the first time navigate to the SchedularPage, the toggling of the Resources View working fine, however when switch to the Home tab and switch back to the Schedule tab/SchedularPage again (while the OnAppearing be called second time and the binding codes are performed again), the toggling of the resources view now failed to work (however for some un-ticked/unchecked resource/employee may still work, but check it, go to home and back again, it may fail to work as well)

As I understand, the relationship between the appointment/event and the resources are bound by the "ResourceIdsMapping", which are employee IDs in this projects, so rebind the ScheduleResources and SelectedResources with new ObservableCollection (new instance of collection) second time should not make the resources view fail to work, am I right? 

FYI, in my usage scenario, the datasource for the ScheduleResources may be retrieved from database and rebound to the sfschedule because new employees with new events maybe added by other users while current user is still using the app, so I may want to ensure the updates are shown to current user by using listener, in such case the resources view (employee) may be dynamic that explain why I feed ScheduleResources with new data when the page with sfschedule re-appear, and hence encounter this mentioned issue.

If my methodology of using the sfschedule component is not correct, or there is another alternative/work around, please kindly advice, thank you.

Regards,
Gavin

Attachment: ResourceView1592445520__Modified_97fa930e.zip

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

Thank you for your update. 

Currently, we are analyzing the reported issue in “custom resource mapping in Master-Detail page ”. We will check and update you the further details in two business days (September 9, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Karthik Raja A 

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team September 9, 2019 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

Based on the shared information we have checked the mentioned issue “custom resource mapping not working properly with Master-Detail page”. Schedule Resource view implemented with single resource collection, since you are mapping ScheduleResources and SelectedResources in OnAppearing method with new ObservabeleCollection, each time a new collection of collection created. So, schedule view cannot get ScheduleResources and SelectedResources from that inner collection.  

Your requirement can be achieved by mapping SelectedResources and ScheduleResources directly without assigning the list to a new ObservableCollection. 

Please refer the following code example for the same, 

[C#]      

protected override void OnAppearing() 
{ 
            base.OnAppearing(); 
            schedule.DataSource = vm.Events; 
            schedule.ScheduleResources = vm.Employees; 
            schedule.SelectedResources = vm.SelectedEmployees; 

} 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement, please find the sample by the following link. 

Sample link: ResourceView 

We hope this helps. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Karthik Raja A

RE Rekaware September 10, 2019 02:07 AM UTC

Dear Karthik Raja A,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the solution and the sample code provided does not solve the problem at all. The sample code provided just simply put the binding code in OnAppearing instead of constructor, using the same set of data source. In short, the functionality and the purpose is indifferent from just putting them inside constructor like the original sample.

My issue or question here is when the data source especially the source of the sfschedule's resources (employee) changed, how can I update to the SfSchedule properly without any error (particularly resource selection not working aspect).

To ease the diagnosis on your side, I also modified your latest attached model to simulate the condition I faced, mean the datasource will be reloaded/refreshed to update the SfSchedule (the code in OnAppearing method), however I still cannot make the SfSchedule working properly.

From the second approach (commented code), I also attempt to clear the existing ObservableCollection and re-added using looping instead of re re-instantiate a new collection, however it doesn't work as well.

Please let me know anything I can to to make the SfSchedule's resource selection working properly after reload and reassign the data to SfSchedule (second time onwards).

Thank you.

Regards,
Gavin

Attachment: ResourceView1116027703__Modified_df7d7b70.zip

GC Ganeshamoorthy Chandramoorthy Syncfusion Team September 10, 2019 02:48 PM UTC

Hi Gavin,  

Thanks for the update. 

Currently, we are analyzing your queries. We will update you further details for the same in two business days on 12th September 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Ganeshamoorthy C 

RE Rekaware September 11, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Gavin

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team September 12, 2019 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

We are able to replicate the mentioned issue “Schedule SelectedResource doesn’t work properly while using in Navigation page” and logged an issue report for the same. We will fix the issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming Volume 3 release which is planned to roll out at the end of September, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

You can track the status of this report through the following feedback link, 

Note: The provided feedback link is private, you need to login to view this feedback. 

Regards,
Karthik Raja A 

RE Rekaware September 15, 2019 03:19 AM UTC

Hi, 

Good to know that your side able to replicate the issue I faced, thank you very much and appreciate for the action taken,

Regards,
Gavin

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team September 16, 2019 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

As we have mentioned we will fix the reported issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming volume 3 release. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Kindly revert us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja A 

IR Indumathi Ravichandran Syncfusion Team October 4, 2019 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 3 Release version 17.3.0.14 is rolled out with the mentioned issue “Schedule SelectedResource doesn’t work properly while using Navigation page” and is available for download under the following link. 

Nuget link: 

Release notes link:  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,     
Indumathi R 

RE Rekaware October 9, 2019 08:24 AM UTC

Hi 

Yes, tested in release 17.3.0.14  the issue was resolved. Thank you very much for the great works.

Regards,
Gavin

IR Indumathi Ravichandran Syncfusion Team October 10, 2019 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

We are glad to know that the issue resolved at your end. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Indumathi R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon