We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ejChart pointMove event emits incorrect values

Hi,

I have a graph with tooltip that displays the point values when hovered on a point and at the same time I have to display the hovered point value on the top of the graph component. For this purpose, I use pointMove event. But when there's large amount of data, the pointMove does not emit the value that the toottip displays as shown below in the screenshot. The tooltip readings does not sync with the readings displayed on the top (readings emitted from the pointMove event). PointMove event emits values correctly for a graph with less no of points but does not work as expected when the graph has large number of points and is crowded. 

Code sample:
https://angular-ahal33-xhksxy.stackblitz.io

5 Replies

KC Kalaimathi Chellaiah Syncfusion Team July 28, 2019 05:49 PM UTC

Hi Aparna, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have analyzed your query. We have prepared a sample with large amount of data. In that, we have tried to replicate the reported scenario. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. So please share the following information which will be more helpful for further analysis and provide you the solution sooner.  

• Try to reproduce the reported scenario in the above sample

• Please share your code snippet with full configurations.

• Share the details if you have done any other customization in your sample.

• Share your dataSource file

Regards, 
Kalai. 

AP Aparna Pyla August 1, 2019 06:52 PM UTC

Hi,

I just tried to compare your code with mine and I noticed that the tooltip object declaration I have has a 'shared : true' property item in it as below 

public tooltip: Object = { enable: true, shared : true };

But your code has it as below :

public tooltip: Object = { enable: true };

So, when I removed the shared property that fixed my issue.
I got that from some demo example of Charts component and I'm not sure what that property is used for.
Can you explain? Is it okay to remove it?

Thanks for the solution,

Aparna

KC Kalaimathi Chellaiah Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 07:27 AM UTC

Hi Aparna, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are happy to hear from you that the reported problem has been fixed at your end. Based on your another query we would like to let you know that the shared tooltip is created to show the data for multiple series. Also, shared tooltip rendering and mouse hover actions comparatively differ from normal tooltip. In your case you have used single series only, So we suggest you to use single series tooltip to overcome the reported problem. 

Kindly revert us, if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Kalai. 

AP Aparna Pyla August 2, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

Thanks

KC Kalaimathi Chellaiah Syncfusion Team August 5, 2019 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Aparna, 

Thanks for the update. Kindly get in touch with us, if you would require further assistance. We are always happy in assisting you.   

Thanks,   
Kalai.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon