We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

EditControl from string and Outlining

I'm using editcontrol to edit a script from string. The script is read from the database.
After setting Edit1.Text = PythonScript,  outlining is not displayed
After any change of the text, outlining appears.
How can I force the appearance outlining?

Regards,
Michal

5 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Michal 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query “Outlining is not shown in EditControl when assign a text to Text property” and we have prepared the sample, how the outline support is enabled using SupportsOutlining property in EditControl.  You can collapse/expand ranges of text defined by the language. Please find the code snippet, screenshot and sample for the same. 

Code Snippet: 

this.SupportsOutlining = true; 

Screenshot: 

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us with the more details, so that it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V    

MS Michal Siedlecki July 25, 2019 09:32 AM UTC

Thanks you for the answer, but it does not solve my problem.

In my application property SupportsOutlining  is set to true
When I read the script file as in your example using  (Edit1.DocumentSource = "../../Source.py";), everything works OK, but in my application script is read from the database as a string and I'm using Edit1.Text = PythonScripts
Immediately after Edit1.Text = PythonScript, my window looks like this

Screenshot 1:

After any change from the keyboard, the outlining appears

Screenshot 2:

Regards,
Michał

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 26, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Michal, 

Thanks for contacting the Syncfusion support. 

We can able to reproduce the reported issue “EditControl Outlining is not shown when load the control with Text Property” and confirmed this as defect and it can be tracked through our feedback. 

The fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 3, 2019 release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the end of September 2019. Would waiting for the official release work for you? Otherwise, we can provide a patch on August 9, 2019. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V       

MS Michal Siedlecki July 28, 2019 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Subburaj,

Thanks for our answer.
I'll wait for the official version.

Regards,
Michał

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team July 29, 2019 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Michal, 

Thanks for your update. 

As we promised earlier, we will include the fix in our upcoming Volume 3 main release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the end of September 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon